Legal music downloads, mp3 downloads in India buy Rediff

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Sep 2, 2005.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Legal music downloads, mp3 downloads in India buy Rediff

Sanjay Maroo stares at me. His image leaps up from the confines of his web site. He looks broody. When I look away for a minute, all I remember is that stare.

If you think about it for a minute, the Internet was created for people like Maroo. People who ignore boundaries. People who aren't particularly happy when confined by time or space. So, I'm assuming that when rediff.com agreed to promote his new album Chaley Jaaon, enabling legal music downloads in India for the first time, chances are he may have stopped staring long enough to smile.

Here's the deal. Rediff will enable users to download Maroo's latest tracks for a ridiculously low Rs 9.99 -- less than the price of a polyphonic ring tone. It is a first for both, artiste and portal, as nothing like this has been done in the Indian market before.

Sanjay Maroo stares at me. His image leaps up from the confines of his web site. He looks broody. When I look away for a minute, all I remember is that stare.

If you think about it for a minute, the Internet was created for people like Maroo. People who ignore boundaries. People who aren't particularly happy when confined by time or space. So, I'm assuming that when rediff.com agreed to promote his new album Chaley Jaaon, enabling legal downloads in India for the first time, chances are he may have stopped staring long enough to smile.

Here's the deal. Rediff will enable users to download Maroo's latest tracks for a ridiculously low Rs 9.99 -- less than the price of a polyphonic ring tone. It is a first for both, artiste and portal, as nothing like this has been done in the Indian market before.

Sanjay Maroo on rediff.com
    It is a huge step. An opening of doors, in a way, that enables any artiste to release an album or music video without intervention or interference by a music company. Used rightly, it could easily change the way music is played, and distributed, across the country. More importantly, it could change popular music by introducing sounds we haven't had access to before. And new sounds are always a good thing.

When asked about why he decided to go with rediff, Sanjay Maroo has a clear-cut explanation. "What freaked me out, initially, was the fact that there were over 500 million downloads and not one official Indian web site offering them legally," he says. "Many established Indian musicians feel that the conventional music marketing establishment needs to take a fresh look at alternate non-film music and give the remix bandwagon a break. I figured the only way out was an alternate distribution method."

https://in.rediff.com/movies/2005/sep/02maroo.htm

2. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

yeah rediff ... c'mon ...
    thats the spirit ...

the new napster also does the same thing methinks ...

3. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

No idea how much it'll help ... If its the Hindi film crap ... I wouldnt bother even if I am Paid to download ...

Hope they put up some Bhrama, Demonic sort of stuffs ..... And some good old stuffs of 13 AD and Indus creed ...!!!

If its Hindi filmi crap ...(Esp NEW) .. Old is ok ... else ...let him shove that crap up his ...

4. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

stop being such a redneck dude ...
    they will do whatever is profitable ...

and yeah taht means Indipop and new bolly flicks ...

i an take that level of red neck - ism further and say that fcuk ... they should'nt post maiden and metallica crap ...

those trashy popular-commerical-metal bands ...

they should only put up "children of bodom: and "house of sodom" kinda music ...

5. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Dunno where Neo gets all the latest new s and info.

6. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

RSS feeds ...
    thats it ...

RSS feeds from various news sites ...