Legal Drinking Age in India?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Jun 21, 2006.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Delhi government's proposal to lower the drinking age from 25 to 21 has failed to lift the spirits of teenagers, who were desperately waiting for the age limit to be reduced to 18.

What do you think the legal age of drinking be in India?

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

A person is sane enough to drive vehicles in roads.
    A person is sane enought to decide which candidates to vote.

3. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

20 (Coz I am 20 now, and I do drink :grin: )

4. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

lol wtf?? I had no idea the legal age for drinking was 25.
    Who gives a fuck anyway? I've been drinking since I was 12. :p:

5. Guitar boy

Guitar boy New Member

^ lol, even i knew just today that the age limit is 25, i ws thinking 18.

I tasted when i was 11, i thought it will be sweet. I didnt know that i should dilute, i drank raw rum (or whisky, it was dark). And never touched it again.

6. uj_6string

uj_6string Nickelodean Addict :D

no one gives a damn....u ban smoking and drinking scenes in movies....u make it illegal for ppl below 21...people are not gonna stop....these are just useless laws until they are actually implemented.....many people under 21 must be drinking right now as they are viewing this thread:drunk:.

7. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

i dun care as ive decided im not going to drink anethng but beer wen i turn legal.....so whisky and stuff im not even considering taking bcoz ive experienced the damage it can cause first hand

8. Guitar boy

Guitar boy New Member

^ usual dialogues :RollLol:

I bet you, if you are drinking beer you will go for whisky, rum or whatever.
    May in the initial years u don't touch anything but beer, later u will get sick of beer see.

Fine you understand the impact, but u will come across statements like 'limited alcohol is good for heart'

'alcohol is good for health, as far as it's taken under the limit'

and done, you will be a drunkard :beer:

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I think 18 is fair enough

10. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

i dont care what the legal age is.

before we fix the legal age we should iron out another problem - that of percentage of alcohol content.

india is nothing like those cold european countries and the percentage of alcohol in our indian made drinks is significantly higher than their western counterparts. where as it should be a lot lower. the govt should immediately fix an upper limit on this, for its the alcohol content that causes inebbriation and does damage to liver and other body parts (like the brain, assuming the drinker has one). a quick high is also a sure way to precipitate all sorts of alcohol related problems from drunken driving to domestic hungama.

so before we fix the minimum age, we should fix the maximum percentage of alcohol allowable in each alcoholic beverage.

11. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

@guitarboy:ive nvr seen quotes like those......

12. Guitar boy

Guitar boy New Member

agree with jamhead.

iraqita, never mind. have a strong will always, as u do now.

13. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

it doesnt make any difference to people below 21... they'll drink anyhow..

well, it doesnt really make any difference to ppl aged 21-25 either!

what's the point? :-/

14. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

@guitarboy:u no wat....cm to think about it..ive always condemned smoking and drinking.....my mum told me dat wen i was around 4 i used to go telling my relatives off for smoking and drinking......

15. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

drinking is grossly over rated.

most poeple, be it in india or world over, drink cos its hyped as something cool, and necessary to be in the "in" crowd.

16. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

^^^u forgot to mention drugs

17. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

No 1 gives a damn i used to go to bars and clubs and discos since i was 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!No 1 checks ur drinking license or ur id!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

^^^^wer r u performin in 31 days

19. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Legal drinking age is not the same for all states
    I think its it 21 in some states

Actually it would be a good rule to enforce
    cause most alcoholics and smoker start early in life when they have impressionable minds

So cheers:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

20. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

since i am a begginner i.e. i hve been learning only for da last 6 months its nothing very famous.Its in Kamani audi near da Indian Habitat centre in New Delhi..Newayz ne tips or sumthing lyk dat!!!!!!