LED ZEPPELIN- the most technical hard rock Ever !

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by JAZZ, Oct 20, 2005.

1. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

:rule: lets talk abt zeppelin.... no doubt the most technical heavy metal /rock n roll band of all time ....that why it is given 1. position in most of the ratings...both commercial and technical.

the band combined the classic rock n roll , rhythm and blues,Folk music with heavy metal....and shaped the classic rock into new form which later became as heavy metal... :think: they were probably first ones to use Distortion guitars with rock n roll... :nw:

commercially Zeppelin holds 2nd position with after beatles who helds the record for most selling albums ( sum of all albums)..and tecnically it is respected by most of the rock musiains...and inspired greatest bands.

And aceept it or not Zeppelin still rules today!!!

2. jekyll

jekyll Banned

BLack Sabbath and Deep Purple were the most technical hard rock / heavy metal bands ...

more than Led Zep

infact how can u forget Steppenwolf (the ones who introduced the term heavy metal)

3. jekyll

jekyll Banned

First one to use distortion?

many, but Jimi Hendrix really popularised it, way before Led Zepp

but anyway Led Zep :rock:

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Pete Townshend and Jimi Hendrix are the pioneers of harder playing. Pete Townshen though wasn't a real class of a player was the first to do Stage Antics, Experimenting with Feedbacks and he was the first one in several of the tricks. Jimi Hendrix took this thing to a different level plus his own innovations. Infact Hendrix is given the credit for Feedbacks, Stage Antics, etc.. where Pete Townshend was the first to do it. Noticing the popularity of Hendrix with this Hard Blues, countless other came into the bandwagon trying out the forumla. People like Jimmy Page, Ritchie Blackmore, Uriah Heep, Wishbone Ash, Black Sabbath, etc.. followed the footsteps of Jimi Hendrix is creating harder music. Each of these were innovators and deserve great respect in their own right. Each of these kinda branched into a different style that is aped till today.

Jimmy Page - Hard Blues Rock
    Ritchie Blackmore - Hard Rock with Neo Classical Influences.
    Uriah Heep - Progressive
    Wishbone Ash - Twin Lead Guitar Harmonies. Now you know where Maiden copied.
    Black Sabbath - Heavy Metal, Black Metal, Doom Metal, Gothic, etc...

All of them though heavily influenced by Hendrix, have gone ahead to innovate further, than just practising faster licks because the brain cannot think further.

5. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

@ronnie - cool yaar...thanx for the info!

@jazz - yeah....man....led zep n p floyd n maiden were my most influential bands of all time!
    apart from zero!

6. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

KISS is the most influential :p:

@ron....great info....

7. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

@wizard bhai - i was talking about mine!

8. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

oh...ok.

waise bhi led zepp are good...i was just listening to kashmir the other day...nd the chooth puff daddy has lifted the opening tune frm tht for a godzilla soundtrack...wtf

@jekyll...steppenwolf is mast band :rock:

love to drive on high speeds while playing this one :rock:

9. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

^^ yeah ...i heard that song in h1....i dun liek the guitaring in it!

10. shak

shak Harrr!

led zep cant be most technical band of all time ... they were good .. infact very goood ...
    and they still are one of my favourites ... (just woke up .. not in mood of writing any sense)

11. ronnieanand

Whatever crap ......

Janis Joplin is the best singer ever. PERIOD. :nw: :nw: :nw:

Kozmic Blues Band rocks :rock:
    Big Brothers And The Holding Company rocks :rock:
    Full Tilt Boogie rocks :rock:

By the way. These were the bands of Janis Joplin :nw: :nw: :nw:

12. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

they are not the 2nd most selling artist
    there only about 15 or something

there are artists like mariah, carey michael jackson ,madonna ,celine dion elvis ,
    who come before zeppelin

13. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

nobody comes close to beatles or rolling stones

14. ronnieanand

Michael Jackson rocks. Really amazing. Today I heard Black or White in a shop and man it was awesome. Hearing it after a long was a nice experience.

15. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Jimmy Page is awesome. My fav album has to be Led Zeppelin I . It's so bluesy which you could only get from a les paul neck pickup. Black Mountain side is so good plus the tabla in the background is awesome.
    Jimmy Page was awesome on stage playing with a violin bow and for the use of the echo theremin which is SO COOOOOL!

16. quarx

quarx New Member

Led Zep is cool, but Jimi Hendrix steals the title.

17. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

depends how hard you mean by hard rock.

18. ak&guitar

ak&guitar THE INNER VOICE

jimi hendrix- INVEnted distortion.
    led zep - one of the best bands ever evr ever ever .......
    BLAck saBBAth- INtroduce the words "HEAvy metal" to the genre(when a journalist described theisr music as heavy metal in ur ears) they are the poineers.
    MOSTinfulental band aff all time=vELVET underground
    :rock:

19. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

okiie jimi handrix was a greatest guitarist ...he was the most technical guitarist of all time .

but led zeppelin as a whole group was Pioneer nad in Hard rock musik...because they combined the instrument...drums, distortion guitars , steel string bass ....and combined the classic rhythm n blues with rock n roll and distortion.......

hendrix used distortion but his musik was not purely rock....that was rhythm n blues...
    so as a whole band Zeppelin takes the credit

20. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

@ak&guitar - dude yaar....velvet revolver doesnt become the most influencel band becoz it has flash.....influencial bands differs from one person to another as per each person's musical tatses....so maybe velvet revolvers is the most influencial band ever for you!:beer: