Learning Tabbing

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by guitaristpiyush, Aug 10, 2004.

1. guitaristpiyush

guitaristpiyush New Member

Hey can anybody teach us (newbies) how to find scale of song and how to find tabs for the guitar :cool:

2. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

See by my reackoning its all by Trial And Error.. You try one Scale if it matches good else use another...

3. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

hey piyush , i wud advise to tab a song , u suppose to know the song , the tune , the rythm , the beats - so 1st u have to listen to the song very carfully and do as per jays advise ...

remember you can only tab , when u know the tune & song very well ....

4. jayanth

If the song is completely on your mind. It will be easy.. Also try whistling it out.. Helps a lot..

5. guitaristpiyush

thanx

thanx for that advice i want to ask that how to find the scale whats is importance of scale. k nice advice keep it up

6. jayanth

See a song will or sometime wont rarely wont.. BE on the same scale.. So when you want ot play the solo, Its easy to play it cause most of the notes are from the same scale.. Also when you compose, you can build a song around a scale and play leads for it easily..

7. guitaristpiyush

fine got it

i want to ask you that can i start a song from c and then continue by trail and error ( by fretting few frets) the i can go up or down a scale when i get something matching then i can find the right scale is that right

8. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Hmm.. if you start at C, you better stick to C. But then most solos in songs are not limited to one particular scale. So, although you must have knowledge of scales and take it into account while tabbing, the best and perhaps only way for you to tab accurately is by ear training. You'll have to recognize notes by their sound. If you can identify that the song is in one particular scale, its easier for you to tab as you only need to consider the variations ofnotes of that scale... For eg... if you identify the scale to be A min and not A maj, then you know there is maximum chance for C normal note to be used and not C #... This makes it easier for you. But this doesn't guarantee that the composer will not use a C #, because he can. Hence, you just have to learn to identify each note. Its difficult and requires years of training if it doesnt come naturally to you. But its worth it.

9. jayanth

Go with what Essi Says.. Stick to the Scale.. Unless you are as good as John Petrucci to change Scales..

10. ehtashamsohail

ehtashamsohail New Member

I teach

hi,
    yes i want.how to find scale of song and how to find tabs for the guitar plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :eek:

11. jayanth

Check tutorial Section please:

12. Theguitarist

Theguitarist New Member

As earlier said stick to the scale you have choosen.After evrything is done,then try changing pitch and keep doing until it's perfect.I would also suggest that if you know even a little bit of piano try it on that.It will be piece of cake compared to guitar.

13. RAVISHINGBOY

RAVISHINGBOY J@CksoN BoY !

Well in my case i like C , D For major And Am , f#m For minor ..
    and well tabbing of songs is done on Sa Re Ga ma pattern Which my guitar tutor tought me .. by learning Sa Re Ga Ma pattern in guitar @ Major , Minor Scale.. tabbing will be just a game of Few Seconds ..

14. jayanth

Ravishing:- Nice ..

15. RAVISHINGBOY

RAVISHINGBOY J@CksoN BoY !

Everyone Says Nice but no one gives me Respect ;) :D :D

16. richard

richard New Member

sa re ga ma pattern ,

ravashingboy ,

can u elaborate on ur sa re ga ma pattern for tabbing songs