Learning Help

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by vipinwww, Aug 30, 2013.

1. vipinwww

vipinwww New Member

Hi All...
    I am a newbie...to this forum and to guitar.
    I am learning some rhymes....some chords...etc as now.
    My doubt is...what is the difference between a lead guitarist and a rhythm guitarist?
    Lead guitarist is the one who plays the solos and rhythm guitarist is the one who plays the chords (strumming)?
    What should I concentrate on to develop my solo skills?
    Any help?

Regards
    v|p|n

2. A for apple

A for apple New Member

well for developing your solos you must have knowledge of scales first,so start learning scales in any note
    and you can also refer youtube videos for that, there are plenty of videos there .
    i am also learning scales right now and trust me it is good to learn and boring to do so ...hehe

3. vipinwww

vipinwww New Member

Could you please gimme some basic idea about scales?

4. A for apple

A for apple New Member

okkk ...so lets start with major scales ,say C major scale, so now search youtube for c major scale or better google it and download the tabular scale chart,then start learning it fret by fret ,,,go here https://www.guitarforanyone.com/images/C_major_guitar_scale.gif ,now here you can see that there are six form all over the fretboard ,start learning 1st form in ascending order then in descending order over a metronome at around 80bpm then increase metronome speed in order and when you feel comfortable with 1st form then move to 2nd form same way and so on ..

5. vipinwww

vipinwww New Member

When ever I am checking youtube for scales....I can always see ppl using electric guitars...so is electric guitar required for practicing scales?
    I have an acoustic steel string guitar. Will I be able to practice scales with this?

6. A for apple

A for apple New Member

yes we can play on acoustic guitar...i am also having a acoustic (givson crown).....don't laugh now ......i think acoustic guitar will help in building finger strength. which help you with electric if you go with electric after acoustic