Learning guitar need help.

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by learnGuitar, Aug 30, 2006.

1. learnGuitar

learnGuitar New Member

Hi,
    I am starting to learn guitar. I need to buy an accoustic guitar to practice on. Please suggest me some good guitars.
    Thanks!

2. jozko

jozko Banned

If you have a dependable guitarist friend/teacher. Ask him/her to help you buy one. If none to help you, better buy comparatively cheaper one. Once you improve you can buy a mid-range (price) one yourself. As you become a learned musician and want to perform professionally, you should be able try all in store and pick the best sounding one. As I realise musical instruments are judged by sound quality not price/brand/looks.

Best option again is get help of someone who can actually play. All the best

3. learnGuitar

learnGuitar New Member

Yes, I just need it for practice purpose at home. I am joining a class. I am going for a relatively cheaper one. Need some suggestions for the same.

4. jozko

jozko Banned

joining classes, great.
    Ask shop-owner if u could get it replaced with another one in a weeks time, in case it doesn't suit u. I think most will agree. Then u can buy one and have it checked by your teacher. If he/she points out any faults like buzz, u can have it replaced.

5. learnGuitar

learnGuitar New Member

Is there any well known guitar make(manufacturer) or models that should be prefered ?

6. jozko

jozko Banned

donno and I don't think there are.
    i think there are threads discussing these issues here. let me know if I can help you find the threads for u.

7. learnGuitar

learnGuitar New Member

Hi Friends,
    I have started my guitar classes :)
    I am planning to buy a hobner acoustic guitar (as recomended by my teacher) very soon so that i can practice at home. What do you people think?
    I am expecting at least some recomendations on this one as this happens to be one of the big guitaring communities :). As of now I havent got any recomendations for a specific guitar!! Im from Pune so here there are very few options for shops where we can actually try out some guitars. So please share your experiences and guide me on which guitar I should buy.
    so should I go with the hobner starting around 3k? or any other better option?

Suggestions welcome..
    Thanking You in advance!

8. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

Go for hobner..its good for beginners.

9. learnGuitar

learnGuitar New Member

Wht bout Granda,pluto?

10. Morbid_Angel

dont ask me bout every brand ..but i have tried many hobners n they are the Best for beginners. My guitar Sir recommended that..so does the whole insitution.

Stick with Hobner buy a better one later.

11. cumming soon

cumming soon Banned

how much does a hobner cost?

12. Morbid_Angel

i got mine for 2.3k

I dont know many hobners though.

13. cumming soon

cumming soon Banned

as of now i have a giVson, a hollow one. should i buy hobner? is it hollow or otherwise?

14. learnGuitar

learnGuitar New Member

Yes my sir recomended me Hobner too... there is some model 265 i think... around 2.7K