Learning guitar by onself by a novice :)

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by uses28, Nov 15, 2011.

1. uses28

uses28 New Member

hi all,
    how many IGT's are self learned guitarists, i have a yamaha f310 guitar and some guitar lessons (video) which covers basic.. can guitar be self learned.. o u know .. i'm looking for inspirations :) From where to get started.. my schedule doesn't allow me to join a class but i can manage 1-2hr a day for self learning.. i'm not looking frwd to be a pro, i love to play and enjoy myself with musics, i have a deep aspiration to learn.... so IGT's here is my first question
    1) how to get started with guitar ...

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

I dunno if i can call myself a guitarist or not but whatever i know is self learned... There are many online lessons available.. YouTube can be your best bet...

3. raga2303

raga2303 Member

4. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

well i am playing guitar for 5 years but then...from last 6 months i have joined a guitar class ...but then again had to leave it because now m doing my engineering...frankly speaking one will learn fast if he goes to a guitar class...online lessons do help you...but then a guitar teacher will help you in strengthening up your weak points...secondly you often tend to miss some part which wouldnt happen if you join a guitar class...hoped this will help you...well search as much as you can...see chords ,scales,intervals,modes,different techniques of picking,strumming,etc etc...

5. Vader

Vader New Member

I'm self learned
    but what i did in ten years you can do in two with the help of a good teacher
    for your requirements:
    get tabs/chords for songs
    try to play by ear
    learn what chord families are
    ... and have fun :)

all the best for your music

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Self learning = still taking help from various sources like books, videos, internet.

7. fena

fena New Member

well all i ever had was my granpa's old guitar, my ears, my hands.... a cheesy book and a whole lot of passion for music (not just the guitar)..back in those days there was no internet, no mp3's (well not in our city, i'm from the far north-east) just cassette tapes and such.... i don't mean to be all philosophical and old-timey stuff but that really was my case.. started learning by myself when i was 9, making use of every free time i can get..listening to songs, rewinding..forwarding..trying to figure out...guessing..cross referencing with other songs that i had learnt..you name it.. by the time i was 12, i was fairly familiar with basics..that's when i moved on to drums and bass (realized guitar is not really my instrument of choice :) ) still learning by myself all the way..

8. susanthom

susanthom New Member

Yes, you can teach yourself. It may be hard for you to get a high level, but you can enjoy yourself.