Lead Guitarist required for Hindi Rock band

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by muse9, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

This has, atleast.
    :cry1:
    I just want Gguru, to play something like Steve Morse - mebbe Tumeni Notes.
    Or something like Manhattan - Eric Johnson.

2. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

hmmmm...i think we are misinterpretin each other ..

i tihnk only in india..2 ppl debate about similiar results or samething
    anyway..

u say
    "
    Why is a B.B.King a B.B.King? Why is a Satriani a Satriani? Why is a Steve Vai a Steve Vai and not a Satriani? Would they be what they are if they thought the way you do?"

so ..ur tellin me ...the woke up one day ..started playin the guitar and developed dere own style .......NO

thse ppl were influenced by so many guitarists of their times and al these guitarists are the result of the combination of the technique and playin style of the guitarists they loved during their times ..

a satriani dint sound like a satriani by chance ..a steve vai dint sound like a steve vai wen a apple fell on his head .....they were once jmi hendrix wanna-be's ..dey were once <insert popular guitarist> wanna-bes ...all these players influenced them to became wat dey are now !!!!>.....and none of this would have bein possible without dere "interpretation" of the ppl dey listened to...the touch u call it ...the "feel" which they got ...but ..that doesnt mean
    they have to become gud guitarists either ..thats wat im tryin to say !!!!!

just by "givin" you somethin that jimmy didint in his solo ..does not make u a great guitarist...first of all ..im am talkin about coverin solos..and ur talkin about makin or composin solos and how they played it !!!!

and u have totally confused yourself about the songwriter and musician thing...wen did these "song-writers" come in to the picture..we are just talkin about musicians and guitarist .....kurt cobain was a bloody example becuz i cudnt think of any other popular guy who cudnt play for nuts...songwriters have nothin to do without solos !!....and wat is this 0.5 to 500 sec thing !!!!!>...ur masterpiece ..hahahahahaaaahahaaahahah..and den u say its not am own comp !!!!!!....i have no idea man...or am i misinterprettin here !!

nice story ...but ...i think ur contradictin yourself here..u say tht afta 50 yrs u are tellin the story in ur own style ....but

are u sayin tht ....to be a gud story-teller(a.k.a in guitar world ..a guitarist) ..
    u must deliver it in ur own style the story...or change the story itself to ur style ??..

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I do believe the word I highlighted is the operating word here. They are not considered good because they were once Hendrix wannabes. They drew influences and moved on. You're talking about a good guitarist being someone who can play the Stairway to Heaven solo the way Paige did. Someone like B.B. King couldn't play that if his life depended on it....yet, I'd consider him an awesome guitarist on the same pedestal as someone like Paige and certainly better than someone who can make the stairway solo breathe yet not his own. Yet, the person who can make someone else's solo breathe might go on to become a good guitarist himself but still isn't.

I doubt I could get clearer than this.

Not just by giving me something....by giving me something I like. I'm glad you realized what we're talking about. What I disagree with is that being able to cover a solo is not what makes a guitarist good. That is what you've been saying right since your first post and that is what I disagree with and always will.

You're still misinterpreting. Kurt Cobain was never really hailed a guitaring legend so your example was totally out of the window if you weren't talking about songwriting.

As for the .5 to 500 sec thing, if you call a C# note on a C chord a masterpiece, I have nothing left to say. I am, in that case, actually talking about your definition of a masterpiece or alphas definition of an OC.

A bit of both depending on factors I don't think are explainable. To be able to do it tastefully is what will make you a good guitarist. If you come back to the fairy tale example, I might have grandchildren who do not know what a tonga is so I change the tonga to a car so they can connect to it. I'm changing the story yet not its essence.

For example, check the solo Mark Knopfler plays in Sultans of Swing and then see him play live sometime. You might see what I'm talking about(in certain aspects only).

Discuss.

4. ambuj

ambuj Pro Tabber

^man i love to watch this guy argue.. he really kicks the opposition in the balls

5. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

the definition of a gud guitarist ...

hmm....i think its virtually impossible to define ...but atleast we do argee in some parts ....but
    yup...accordin to me ...coverin the stairway solo..or any solo for tht matter isnt a easy task..and ...if u cant cover solos ..dere is no way u can make ur own ones so tht u can be called a "gud" guitarist ....i am not sayin tht ..if u can cover a solo ..u are a great guitarist ..NO !!!!...watr im tryin to stress in that .....ppl must first learn to cover solos before they attempt to make dere own !!!...it is virtually impossible to create a good solo without u not havin covered solos in ur life ..(maybe not the full solo ..but atleast in bits )....

man...i took kurt cobain as an example becuz ..he is one guy who became popular being a good musician but a very poor guitarist !!...i took him as an example just to tell u that ..just by composin a OC ..doenst make u a good guitarist !!!...i took him as a perfect example to explain the difference between a good muscian and a good guitarist ...2 words which get interchanged a lot ..

usin the c# note well either by itself or in a progression..accordin to me is a materpiece ...

"To be able to do it tastefully is what will make you a good guitarist"

exactly..i think we finally agree upon somethin ...its not wat you play accordin to me ..its how well u play it ..and put it together
    dude..its a forum !!!!..not a debate competition !!...but ..i think ..BJr is winnin

6. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

dude, it's never about winning. I'm glad we had a discussion.

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Thank goodness, NOW can we have Gguru playing my requests?

8. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

He seems to have suspicously avoided this thread ever since those awkward questions.... :grin:

He was around in other forums though.

9. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

No.
    I call it "Conveniently"

10. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

No
    I call it Unfortunately

11. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I call this lame.

*dances*

12. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

this thread has proved a very interesting read, thanks guys !! :)

13. RoMeO_Gguru

RoMeO_Gguru .::idiotic crybaby::.

hey it's juss bcoz of me n bjr who took the start on our shoulders :) neways u guys...r askin me to play wot u ursef cant play n i aint tht experienced either but i still stand by...i'm a gud lead guitarist...neways wot all i need is the respect i deserve to get....n i'll b a hapi...man :)

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

OK So shall I send you the song I want you to cover?

Which one? Steve Morse or Eric Johnson?

15. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

LMAO

anyway, if u meant 2 say that u r a good lead guitarist, then

:grin:

16. RoMeO_Gguru

RoMeO_Gguru .::idiotic crybaby::.

ok but i cannot asure to cover....n plz i donn play elec so no use of tht....if it's an acoustic...i'll try...

17. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

OK Good.

This one then.
    Its only 1MB (approx 1 minute long)

The piece is known as Spanish Fly by Eddie Van Halen.
    Check it out anyway.

18. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

hahaaahh...come on alpha !!...ur askin too much from him ..

since ur al acoustic ...y dont u cover nothin else matters ....and seriously ..i cant cover it ..it wud be reallllllly encouragin if i can hear somebody else from here cover it well ....

hmm...respect ..anybody want some ...i sell 10 for 1000 points ..

19. @alpha1..do u want him to play that one...:shock:

its impossible...:mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.