Language based forums...bah

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by ultrabot90, Dec 6, 2007.

1. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

I was browsing through the threads here, and I saw stuff like...
    https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?t=32182
    and https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?t=30663
    ...to name a few. And seeing that we have Marathi, Bengali (!), and Tamil forums...I have a suggestion. No, not for a new forum, but for a MERGER!!

This is a *music* site. Undoubtedly the best for music from this side of the globe. Why should it not be categorized genre-wise instead of language-wise? We could very simply have -
    1. English tabs
    2. Hindi tabs
    3. Pakistani tabs (its a genre as well o.o)
    4. Other Indian Genres
    5. Miscellaneous Instruments Forum (or maybe there should be a different forum, as in "Other Instruments" and sub forums being "Stringed instruments" "Wind instruments" "Bass" "Percussion" ...da da dum)
    :beer:
    I know what many are thinking, that they need language forums for 'communication'. But hey, dont tell me you cannot recognize languages in the post itself? -.- You need a different forum to know the language? Well, all languages except for English and Hindi go slap bang into the Other Indian Genres. And yes, if you need a place to communicate, go to the Chit Chit Lounge, please. Write a title in your desired language, all the other people familiar with the same language may please do that person a favour and post there. ;)

And another thing...All Music Talk > Carnatic Music of South India. That.Should.Be.In.The.Music.Talk.Sub.Forum! -_- Or maybe in the tabs forum. Wherefore art thou, IGT? :nw:
    All in all, IGT is the best, I just wish to contribute to this legacy as well.

2. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

It would make it super complicated for someone to find a regional tab/chord. Due to the requests from member we went language based infact we receive more and more request to start forums on other languages.

3. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Ah yeah...thanks for pointing that out...I now see the flaw in the first idea...But yes...what about these?
    Okay, so maybe it'd get too niche and there'd be very little activity per forum...