Laney LX65D and LX65R amps

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Varunendra, May 1, 2007.

1. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

@Tallkien: you dont have to make the exact same thing...you could add ur own masala

2. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

It would probably be too much work and the results might not be worth it. Every gig worth playing in India is mic'ed. And if you can get the JS tone out of a P1ex, why would you want to build a JSX clone?

3. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

True......my school gigs arent miced! I went and asked them if i could mic my amp and they are like "ITS SOOO BIG....It doesnt need mic" and they have a nice mixing board...so i asked them if i could mic it and then they could control the sound...and they are like "This is only for singing only" Dumbfuks

4. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

Like I said, every gig worth playing is mic'ed.

5. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

to me...school gigs are worth playing...cus if i go out of school and play...i know im fuked

6. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Nouman is right, The more you play these amps the more you appreciate their simplicity. They are just pure tone machines. You need to know what you're really after. Having a JSX does not guarantee a Satch sound, and what's more you can sound like him without owning a JSX. If that association is important to you then nothing short of a JSX will satisfy you. On the other hand, if your goal is good tone, you can find that in the most unassuming gear at times.

The basic design of all tube amps are basically the same, regardless of who prints his name on the front. Only a few component values and/or parts are different and that can make a huge difference when compounded out through the speaker.

and yes a P1eX does indeed sound very much like a JSX. My washburn's neck SC pickup is much lower ouput than the bridge HB but it is harmonically much richer, and its the neck pup that sounds like Satch's setup through my octane, The bridge pup sounds more like his older stuff, which is so different from what he sounds like now, my point being...trust your ears

7. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

i need to sound like Steve Vai with a Digitech Deathmetal and a Laney TFX1.....any ideas? Im planning For the Love of god. Not the solo...just the first quarter

8. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Some kind of sustainer would help (I just crank for controllable feedback). I played that number with just guitar and Marshall MG250, so what do I know

9. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

cool. I suck so im struggling to cross 2mins50secs......i just need something that sustains more...i guess ill use the sustainer on t3h amp!thanks dude

10. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

11. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

I still use it. Ill be using it for this song....i cant play past 2 minutes though. Im a very N00by guitarist.

12. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

wow nice playing...didnt know it was u...i subscribed to your vids...me TubeFusion

13. Varunendra

Varunendra New Member

Hey im finally going in for the Roland Cube 30x amp....... wt u ppl feel?

14. yazi

yazi Banned

Buy a laney