Laney LX65D and LX65R amps

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Varunendra, May 1, 2007.

1. Varunendra

Varunendra New Member

I need an amp first then i get can sound clips na......lol

2. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

hence "once you get it"

3. Varunendra

Varunendra New Member

but dude im confused as to which to get...thus the thread..help me get a good amp for my ibanez lol

4. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

i thought u already decided? whats the prices on both? if its around the same...go with the DSPs...if the DSPs are more then get the one with reverb...thats all thats to it i guess

5. Varunendra

Varunendra New Member

Oh i havent totally decided but i have just those 2 options at the moment...the dsp one is costlier than the reverb one.And more thing yaar is 65 watts to much to use for home use????

6. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Nah, its not. I use a 50w Laney and its fine. no complaints nothing. Keep the volume at 2 though.

7. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Why buy an amp so overpowered? Are you planning to jam in an train bogey with the amp at one end and you standing at the other end?

For a bedroom guitarist 15W is too loud. For jamming I guess 50W is good but heating is a big problem with more powerful amps.

8. yazi

yazi Banned

How long have you been playing?

9. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

me,hundered or the other guy?

10. yazi

yazi Banned

Obviously the other guy.

11. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

youre a great spammer laney...
    on the topic.. even im confused on what amp to buy and i was thining to go for the lv300 for bedroom use... will it be a problem if i keep the volume at 1 or 2

12. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

nah i manage at 2 and 3...u wouldnt have a problem if you learn to keep it at 2 and not go wild at 4 lol

13. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

but the lv300 is 120 watts!!

14. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

Get tallkien to make u one.

15. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

i was JUST about to suggest the same :)

16. Varunendra

Varunendra New Member

I have been playing for about 2 and half years now man.....

17. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Get tallkien to build one :) You can get a nice Peavey JSX replica or something

18. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

@Varun: Maybe you could get tallkien to make you a tube amp too. IM guessing its wayy better than the Laney

19. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Excuse me... I will do no such thing! I'm not going to build any branded replica's. Those things are copyright protected and I could get into serious trouble, so no JSX, sorry! besides there are no publicly available schematics of that amp floating around in cyberspace...I've looked :p

Even the 18W is not the original but something tuned to public tastes. Even the original 18 was apparently a Fender Bassman copy. Corporations can afford the lawsuits, I can't.

I'm building only small to medium powered community driven projects! I can give you good tone. Getting so-and-so's tone is your headache. That said, the P1eX is actually very much like a mini Colossal.

20. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

Okay. Buy the reverb model. Dont waste your money on the DSP. For metal you're hardly going to use it. Do u have a processor?