Korg Toneworks AX3000G

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ajaykalekar, Feb 14, 2006.

1. ajaykalekar

ajaykalekar New Member

Hi Guys,

Just bought Korg AX3000G ..it is getting shipped so will reach by weekend.
    Anyways..wanted to know..if there is any website or patches that i can use like presets...for lets say David Gilmore kind of sound..or gnr..if people have some settings which i can use..etc..i know it may or maynot sound accurate..but closer is fine with me..

Thanks,
    Ajay

2. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

one small advice, contact lefty_guitarist. shoot him a pm and he'll help you.

3. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

ok dood i can giv u all tht........its very easy wid ax3000g........patch creatin ........im jus flying wid it........i can giv u all , gnr nrvana metallica satch all......but in ax3000g , u get very less gain., so i use a dist pedal wid it, so it dosmt effects da sound much, but givez good sustain.,..more dan slsh:p:
    @ all, wuts da pfect eq settin for nirvana??i

4. ajaykalekar

ajaykalekar New Member

Thanks Lefty, i will be recieving it today.

Just for reference on what gear i have..so you have idea of how i should be setting things up..

Epiphone Les paul standard (stock pickups)
    Fender princeton 65DSP amp combo
    Sabine overdrive pedal..i dont use it..i use amp's distortion which i think is more good with chorus and delay..in amps fx

and now a Korg AX3000g to add to it..

i am not a metal fan..so rock sounds would do..:)

After i get the unit today..let me check the presets etc and play around.
    In mean time..if you could just post..the settings you have or can make one for espescially for sounds of Pink Floyd..songs comfortable numb..coming back to life..shine on you crazy diamond..i am try to learn this..
    and gnr..sound..:)
    lets see if i can get something going..:)

Thanks again Lefty..
    Ajay

5. LEFTY_GUITARIST

ok man, u got gr8 gears.

use ovd pedal to get sustain of slsah, coz korg cant give u tht much sustain, i.e., think ur playing teh solo of sweet child o mine, u need to strat on 17h fret, e...........so , u kno, ull not get enough gain to make it sustain on tht note.:p:but den again, ull use neck pickup of a lp:eek::

ill post settings of my gnr rythm dist, izzy's overdrive, gnr clean patch, and slash's lead and wahs.

but thts 2moro, coz its 1.30 now:p:

and , i don like pink flyd so much, actually i think ill listen to it, but nt now,busy wid nirvana, metallica, maiden, and dt:p:

and those preset patches r not too good. only reso ac got some cool delays, and good acostic sims , u kno:eek:: but dists r not satisfying, try on ur own to make dem.

6. ajaykalekar

ajaykalekar New Member

should i be connecting the ovd pedal to korg..send return..? or

guitar->korg->ovd pedal->guitar amp

also wanted to ask..does korg ax3000g have effects chain..
    i mean can i have more than one effect..in a program..in pre fx. i read somewhere boss gt8 has it..but it was 100$ expensive and i didnot have budget for it..:(( anyways..:)

yes please post ur settings and that should be fine..

7. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

place ur effects in between guitar and amp.

dont ask for things like ideal eq setting etc.. for any band. that doesnt exist. though reading the eq thread will help when ur jamming. there are too many factors- the only way to make a patch is to listen to a song while writing your patch. you can look at some on the internet to get you on the right track - but ultimately its upto you to make the patch. i have so far spent over 25 hours trying to refine a patch for shine on you crazy diamond on my gnx 3 - and im still working on it. i am actually working on two diff. patches simultaneously seeing which gets there better. just keep working on it - ull eventually get there.

8. LEFTY_GUITARIST

slash:
    uk modern - 9.8, 6.1, 7.2, , 4.4, 7.0

reverb - arena - 5.7, 0.6, 9.1, 2, 4.0

prefx- vox wah- 3.0,, 6.0, 1.0, 847, PrE.

nr-10
    exp - p maual,

ctl - p on off.

so when teh wah is off, it is slash lead tone, and wen itz on., itz slsh wah.

and insert effect always on.

if u use send return, u can use ctrl it by teh processor nly. ie, supose, u gotta change a patch , frm a clean patch to a lead patch tht uses ovd pedal, so u hav to press only once on processor, no pressing on pedal. coz ins effect is on.

for rythm, i use,gain 7.7, treble 8.2, mid 2.0, bass 6.4

tats all.

u need 3 or 4 days to understand it ;)

and i still don know how to use ess.:p: compltly.

9. ajaykalekar

ajaykalekar New Member

Thanks Lefty..:) i tried your settings and they work great..i will do some tweaking when i have some time..on it..since amp/line for me is AP1 open back..which doesnot give that smooth hollowish or growlish sound like a closed back..i tried that with my horrible computer speakers and i did notice AP2 on that was sounding more LP Marshall combination than...my combination of AP1 with LP and fender open back..a little difference..but i will try to tweak something..so i get more closer..:) not that i want to mock the sound acurately..but closer is good..

Also about insert ...i read in manual that insert will allow me to insert external pedal effects..through send and return.. does Insert allow me to put multiple prefx..from korgs list..or i can only put one effect in prefx..and then rest if i need i need to do insert and put external pedal..

Also if somebody has Acoustic settings please forward it..i tried yesterday..but could not get a good one..whatever i did it sounded like a electric guitar on clean..:(

Thanks,
    Ajay

10. ajaykalekar

ajaykalekar New Member

Hi Deathdr,

Can you plz share ur shine on crazy diamond patch settings..i will try to tweak them..

Thanks,
    Ajay

11. LEFTY_GUITARIST

are man , leave it to amp line.
    and it got gr8 acoustic sims, prefx, acoustic, den chose body , type,wutsoeva.

12. ajaykalekar

ajaykalekar New Member

Hi Lefty,

Thanks for getting me started..:)

yesterday i got the most perfect slash tone..:)

what i did was on ur settings..i changed my amp/line to AP2 and then
    reverb to spring..and played around with reverb settings..especially the Mix when set around 50 to 60 gives u a good..sound..

Also i noticed ur settngs dont have delay..so i played by tweaking that also..but could not find any good setting..so did not include it..:) but now it sounds cool..i play on my LP..with neck pickup and tone knob rolled back all the way..:D

i am going to try and make a patch on similar lines for pink floyd sound..lets see how close it get..

Thanks again ..and keep on sharing settings..
    Ajay

13. LEFTY_GUITARIST

best of luck, if u find any good patch for cofrtablt numb, plz post it. im now trying to get rhcp lead n clean sounds. my slash patch......ill changed da reverb to plate.

14. hoonyango

hoonyango New Member

hi!!!

dear LEFTY_GUITARIST,

I Have recently bought an AX3000G, and I'm wondering if you could send me some patches available... Thank you!!!! here is my e-mail ad
    Mat2_Ako@yahoo.com

15. hoonyango

hoonyango New Member

Hi!!!

hi Lefty_guitarist!!!!
    I recently aquired an AX3000G, I'm wondering if you could share me some patches for it,, Thank you here is my e-mail ad, Mat2_Ako@yahoo.com

16. kushe

kushe New Member

Congrats on your purchase. I am thinking of getting the Zoom G7.1UT. Did you evaluate that ine as well - what do you think? I'm looking for the "fat" blues sounds and long sustain.

17. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

i have the G7.1ut...so ask me questions :)

18. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I might buy a Korg AX3000G soon. I have a few questions.

1. Have you ever compared this to a Boss GT6. I am not bothered about GT8. Just GT6.
    2. How do you rate the Delay, Chorus, Flange and Reverb of AX3000G to a GT6 Delay, Chorus, Flange, Reverb.
    3. In General how would you rate the Delay, Chorus, Flange and Reverb of AX3000G to other good processors you have played on like Digitech GNX Series, Zoom GFX Series, or Line6 Series, etc...
    4. Any other suggestion for a processor that has the best Delay, Chorus, Flange and Reverb, etc....

19. kushe

kushe New Member

How is it for the "fat" bluesy kinds of sounds you get from the Marshall Bluesbraker and the Sustain of the Mesa?

How easy is it to get additional presets?

Have you compared to the Korg - which is better?

20. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

well i compared it to an AX1500G which i had previously and it kills the korg like nobody's business (imo)...u can basically get anything out of it...and it will sound good....and as for additional presets...its really easy to do but u need to buy a MIDI cable...