Korg AX3000G Users

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ronnieanand, Jul 14, 2007.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hi,
    Any users of the Korg AX3000G here. Share your experiences...

My experiences....
    1. Chorus is the only thing worth the money.
    2. Delays are pretty good.
    3. Shred Dist is good but muddy and even with treble at 10, lacks treble. This is the only Dist that is smooth.
    4. US Modern is okay types and has a few usable ranges. UK Modern is also similar. Even with volume slightly turned low, it's extremely digital.
    5. Other Amp models are almost unbearable and extremely digital sounding.
    6. Good Reverb.
    7. FX Loop is pretty decent. It digitizes the input and defeats the purpose of a good Analog pedal. In GT6 the FX Loop is the worst. It changes the tone of the pedal in the loop.
    8. Noise levels are far less compared to AX1500G.
    9. I am using a Tube Preamp after the Korg AX3000G to warm up the signals. This gives very good results for recording.
    10. Synth is hopeless, so is the Wah.

Any tips, experiences, suggestions, etc.....

I got it last week and I have to convince myself to keep this....

2. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

I just got my hands on an ax1500 and i have to say the wah is crap, even my Digitech rp80 has a better sounding wah.

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

You need a genuine t00b amp with both preamp and poweramp sections running on t00bs.

:p

4. DagMX

DagMX New Member

Two of my friends have one so I've used it a bit
    I agree, chorus and delay are good. I'm not a big fan of the distortion, not beefy enough for my tastes.
    I don't like the feel of the wah pedal. It's firm but not smooth.

5. vlada729

vlada729 New Member

hi...

don't be so quick with judgements... 3000 is great if u use it properly...that is with a good amp. not made as a good standalone modelling type thing... when u have a decent amp that u r happy with, use it as a stompbox...gently...tweak and listen...you can get a lot out of that baby...same goes for ax1500...

6. loyal

loyal New Member

I have had one for about a year now,
    1) acoustic sim is pathetic, on high treble settings introduces hiss !!.
    2) good Delays, reverb, cabinet sim
    3) Hi-gain distortion ok, tube distortion a let down.
    3) Has a string drone feature ( sitar players any ?? )
    4) Wah is Ok ( digital sounding )
    5) Synth is simply beyond use( spent plenty of time in making a usable patch with no luck ).

Overall a versatile processor but a major tone sucker. I feel this processor is only usable when used with other pedals( Analog ) to colour the tone or a good AMP.

7. DagMX

DagMX New Member

but then theres really no point is there? I mean, even a crappy, low end Zoom would sound decent through a good amp..
    IMO a good modelling processor should be able to stand on its own two feet without the need for an amp to make it sound better.

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Crappy low end Zoom 505II will sound crappy whether directly into mixer or thru Fender Tweed.

But what you say about processors is absolutely correct.
    There is no point providing Marshall Plexi simulation, if you have to plug your processor INTO a real Plexi to get a good tone.

9. ronnieanand

AX1500G has distortions with a weak bottom end but very analog sounding. 3000G is pretty digital. Sounds like the over hyped GT6.

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Hmmm, so it sounds as sterile as the AX10g?

the one that we checked last year ..?

11. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

I actually found the 3000g to be pretty decent. Some effects and amp models were useless but the cleans with chorus were good and some of the amp models were useable...i kinda liked it compared to the boss gt6

12. ronnieanand

Actually 3000G is better than Boss GT6 but GT6 Synth was interesting. AX10G was very weak and 3000G has a strong bottom end but very digital sounding as compared to the 1500G. But Cleans are a big plus. Beats all the other processors...