Know Nothing About Chords... Puhleeeeaaase Help

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by farhana_kader, Aug 30, 2005.

1. farhana_kader

farhana_kader New Member

I have found this site very interesting.. and i have added it to my favourites list.
    I have a problem :
    I CANT PLAY CHORDS... I CANT READ 'EM

pleaaasse help me out.. the funny thing is tht i know how to do tabs, in fact i know to tab extremely beautifully (thank god!!).. but when it comes to shords, i am a fool. pls help me yaar.. i'm searching day in and night out for sumone to help me. please please please please please please help.

i dunno how to read chords... u just give some alphabets alongwith A LOT OF lines, i get mad when i see them, coz i dont understand them.. but i can understand the way you write tabs this way :

E------------1-0---------------
    B-1-1-3-1---------------------
    G-------------------------------
    D-------------------------------
    A-------------------------------
    E-------------------------------

(this is the first line of happy bday)

i would be very very very very very grateful to anyone who helps me PUHLEEEEEEEAAAAASE

2. shak

shak Harrr!

of course we can help ...
    the thing is i dont know if you need help READING the chords or UNDERSTANDING them ... but you siad you cant play them and cant read them ..
    i can tell you how to read them tho ..
    first you should know that there are diff types of chords (chords=two or more notes played at the same time) .. majors, minors, diminished, suspended, 7th's, 5th's, combination of these etc etc ... (oriental, power and harmonic etc as well)
    i will give ya a small intro to majors now and i do recommend that you search this website and do look for ALOT of tutorials already posted on IGT.
    majors(open) are ... A,C,D,E,F and G ....
    there is still some confusion with open B major chord. . but i have been tooo lazy to clear that up i am sure some pro will drop in sooner or later to help me and you out on Bmajor(open)

anyway the chords in tab format:

Amajor ..
    Ex
    B2
    G2
    D2
    A0
    EX

Cmajor
    E0
    B1
    G0
    D2
    A3
    Ex

Dmajor
    E2
    B3
    G2
    D0
    Ax
    Ex

Emajor
    E0
    B0
    G1
    D2
    A2
    E0

Fmajor
    E1
    B1
    G2
    D3
    Ax
    Ex

Gmajor
    E3
    B3
    G0
    D0
    A2
    E3

x=mute 0=open string #=fret

just read the tab ... fret the chord and play all the notes at the same time ...
    questions? post em here ..