Know chords but cant play a single goddamn song

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by sunish bajaj, Jun 25, 2006.

1. sunish bajaj

sunish bajaj Banned

hi guys i have learnt all the first position chrds but cant play a single goddamn song. can anyone help me play a song that is simple and more playable.

2. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

REM - Everybody Hurts
    Nirvana - About A Girl

3. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Do you know strumming
    If you dont, practice some strumming patters for a week or 2.

4. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Practice strumming...

Play:-

Nothing else matters (Metallica), Summer of '69 (brian adams) etc....

5. uj_6string

uj_6string Nickelodean Addict :D

knowing chords is not enough.....u should be able to change chords at a decent speed.....practise chord changes.....first at a low speed.....then gradually keep incresing the speed.....once u get the hang of it....go for songs....and as ambush said, practise strumming....
    a good song to start off with is dooba-dooba(silk route).....the chords are G,C and D.....

6. rabi_sultan

Summer of '69 is a bad starting song because of the barre chord that appears in the chorus section (Bminor). In fact now that I mentioned this I just remembered that Nirvana song also has barre chords in it lol.

And really a song is an excellent way of learning to strum. Doesn't make sense to just strum to the sound of nothing a progressive approach is to learn strumming with songs, both the REM song and the Nirvana song are good for this.

7. rabi_sultan

@sunish, look up in this forum and you'll find previously recommended songs. I just cannot think off the top of my head. Sorry.

8. shourjya

shourjya New Member

umm...if u like nirvana..u can go for sliver.. its A C...NOT NECESSARILY IN THE SAME ORDER..JUST CHK UP..bt ya u knw as the other ppl have said strummng is imp..the diff patterns...however it helps if u kp listenin to the song repeatedly...earnest listenin helps trust me

9. rabi_sultan

Just thought of an awesome song that anyone can play:

AC/DC - Back In Black