Kissing Prohibited in Chennai

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Oct 11, 2005.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Chennai, the city of auto majors Ford, Hyundai, BMW, Ashok Leyland. Chennai, the city of software majors TCS, Wipro, Infosys, Xansa.

Chennai, the city of several engineering colleges and thousands of engineering students.

Chennai, the city where the country's first six-lane information technology expressway is under construction.

Chennai, the city of the Big Brother.

Scene One
    A park in Chennai. A young teenage boy and a girl are sitting on a bench munching peanuts. The distance between them slowly reduces, and the boy puts his hand on the girl's shoulder and draws her close to him. They are still talking and munching peanuts. No, they are not about to kiss, but their physical proximity is such that they can. That is, if Big Brother does not turn up. And he does.

The terrified kids jump up.

"What are you two doing here?" asks Big Brother.

"Nothing…" the boy stammers.

"Nothing? What nothing? You are doing something," Big Brother thunders.

"We were talking and eating peanuts," the boy's voice is barely audible.

"What? Can't you talk loudly?" Big Bother's voice is so loud that the two young things clasp hands in fright.

"Take your hands off her." Big Brother whacks the boy with his baton so hard that his eyes fill with tears. The girl has already started crying.

"No tears. No crying. Don't you know boys and girls are not supposed to sit so close to each other and hold hands in a public place?"

The boy wants to ask 'What's wrong in us sitting close and holding hands?'

"Don't say she's your girl friend?"

The boy nods.

"Girlfriend and boyfriend? What is this world coming to? Come on, get into the jeep. I am taking you two into custody."

Moral of the story: If you are in Chennai, never sit on a park bench with your girlfriend or boyfriend. And, most importantly, never hold hands. It is not part of the great Chennai Culture.

https://in.rediff.com/news/2005/oct/03sw.htm

2. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

Oh brother...i'm better off in Mumbai:)....but they do that too in some places in Mumbai I hear....

3. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

Wow......I mean realllyyy woooowwww.......cmon dont citizens have any rights in chennai. I think every person in chennai who are in an intimate relationship should immidiately start a protest against this kind of facsist behaviour. Its just like Shiv Sena and their bull**** about burning down all greeting card stores on valentines!!!!!

4. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

who was the boy, neo???

5. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

dude, thats so immoral .......big brother police tha kya?!.......lucky im in mumbai!:grin:......at first i was thinking thsi was a joke by neo!:grin:

@spy - lol man....i cant think of neo lurking around in chennai!..hehee!

6. tejas

tejas ..........

Glad I'm not in Chennai.

7. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Glad i belong to Chennai. I'm going to go there next time and do this on purpose. Lets see what happens :yawn:

8. shak

shak Harrr!

pity! .. chenai people are missing the best tasting stuff on planet earth .. (get my hint)

9. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Takin ppl into custody, just for holding habds is a lil too much, but i do support restricting some extra bold behaviour in public places, i mean c'mon,... ya ok ,.. we know u guys love each other n all,.. but loving is not al about kissing n nastying around. hhehe,...

I have seen ppl running to some places to just start doin things, its the sickest name anyone can give to love.

Ya,..... n the other day, i saw a couple kissing on the sofa's at a city multiplex. Man,... c'mon ,... controllllllllllllllllllll!!!!! hehe

10. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

hey neo i too live in chennai ...But neva heard of such things b4..though chennai is a a lil more conservative than the other metros..

11. shak

shak Harrr!

i think i will agree with akky on this one .. there are some things which you just cant do in public .. not cuz they are wrong or something .. but cuz our customs and our traditions are contrary to that .. so yeah .. akky ma man .. i agree .... c'mon ...controllllllllllllllllllllllll!!! .. hehe

12. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Kissing in public should not be banned. It's not like you're having sex in public.

.:SpY_GaMe:. likes this.
  13. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

^^ true!......

14. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

In this case, it wasnt even kissing, just hugging. Now thats just pure lame. If they turn that into some kind of law, then little kids wont be able to hug on to their mothers...etc

15. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

are we drawing inspiration from afghanistan?

16. guns_n_gore

guns_n_gore hell raiser

man i live in chennai just one month now before i was in delhi.i dont no how chennai bcame
    a metro

17. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

I read somewhere u cant dance in clubs in banglore..
    Is it tru?