KISS--one of the most influential bands in Rock and Roll

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by the_wizard, Oct 18, 2005.

1. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

well...i cud see sm kiss fans here....sadly no discussions hav been taking place about the band..

i first heard about them wen i played the video game KISS:psycho Circus, based on the comic book by Todd McFarlane, which was itself based on the antics by of the band members...
    neway...recently i saw sm clippings frm their massive Alive tour and these dudes kick ass on stage....from spitting blood (fake blood) to breaking guitars....gr8 pyro works....awesome....

2. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

KISS freakin rule...

Like you, I too got hooked listening to thier Psycho Circus album... it's come to be one of my favorites, especially "Journey of 10,000 years". Apart from that, I've heard practically all of thier great hits, as most of their compilations have got almost the same tracks...

KISS is probably the band to be when it comes to delivering a performance. With rockets shooting out from the guitars, fake blood acts, really whacko uniforms and obviousy, the unique on-stage personas, they kick a$$.

Check them out unmasked on their unplugged tour. Listen to earlier albums like Destroyer and Creatures of The Night...

And did you know? KISS was so expletive (in the ***ual way) and influential in the 70s that they came to be known as Knights In Satan's Service???

Hey, want more KISS? Download any concert of theirs or tune in to Detroit Rock City, a movie based on them (kinda). It airs regularly on HBO.

BTW, Nickelodeon's Son Of A Rockstar... the rockstar is based on Gene Simmons...

3. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

whoa....nice info there dude.....psycho circus is a kickass album.....i also heard thwir alive tour continues for generations....with each show running housefull....now that is influence....

will chk out the earlier albums

nd if possible chk out the videogame....u get to play as gene simmons...with weapons like a dragon (called draco) perched on his right shoulder and brething fire all the way....now thats hot....

EDIT---gene simmons also showed up as a guest judge for this years american idol...he was as usual doing sm nasty stuff...like digging his nose and applying the mucus (the sticky thing) on the cam......ewwwww

4. jekyll

jekyll Banned

ummm aint these the guys who look like sissies on stage?

5. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

lol..their costumes did look sissy...but i liked the makeup....maybe they were the first ones to wear tht sort of makeup..later used by black/death metal bands....and named as "corpse paint"

6. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Kiss In Not One Of Most Influential Rock Band. It the Most Influential Band ever. Kiss has influenced more artists, than all the other artists put together. Read it recently somewhere. Will try searching for the link.

7. jekyll

jekyll Banned

Merciful Fate ... for one ... they used to come in that corpse thingy ...

8. ronnieanand

Well ... Then what do you say about Marilyn Mason, W.A.S.P.

9. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

Iiiiii Waaaaaanaaaaaaaaa Roooooocccckkkk Nn Rooooooolllll Alllllll Nighttttt
    Annddd Paaaaarty Eeeeeeevvvvveeeeeerrrrryyyyyyy Daaaaaaaaaaayyyyy !!

10. ronnieanand

:beer: :beer: :beer:

11. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

:beer: w00t

@ronnie...did u manage to find that link?

12. ronnieanand

Janis Joplin :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: is the most influential Female Vocalist Ever. :nw: :nw:

13. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

haha....was expecting tht frm u...

havnt heard her much...but frm wht I heard...shes an awesome songwriter

awesome....

14. ronnieanand

15. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Whatever... KISS rule.. that's the bottomline...

Yeah.. I guess they did start the corpse paint thing... but, no other band has successfully used this painting strategy to their utmost...

I saw the Idol episode with Gene Simmons... liked it..
    He's also appeared on the 70's Show.. as the Demon (his KISS persona)... check out his axe.. I mean, really...

BTW, the 4 KISS personas are: The Demon, The Catman, Starchild and Space Ace

16. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

i ve seen the 70's show episode...

in the comic book the characters r similar...but they are named differently
    Starchild = The Starbearer
    The Catman = The Beastking
    Space Ace = The Celestial
    The Demon is the same

17. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

KISS INFLUENCED EVERYTHING AND EVERYBODY! ....

>> it influenced the great igtians
    >> it influenced the gr8 indian rock fans
    >> it influenced death metalist to wear all crazy stuff
    >> it influenced doom metellers to do crazy crap activities on stage other than singing like eating blood and doing crap with flesh!
    >> it influenced many cartoonists and now there is some cartoon in pogo channel every weekend on sundays which has gene simmons as a cartoon character in it!
    >> it influenced Milton Hershey's ka succesors to produce and market hersheys kisses!
    >> it has made modern relationships very spicy!
    >> it has made se.x public than ever!

and what else?

18. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

>> it influenced death metalist to wear all crazy stuff

I would say that too the black metal-heads... death metal-heads generally wear casual clothing...

19. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

yup....its the black metal dudes who are into corpsepaint and stuff....

20. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

ohh i see...i wasnt awae of that.....i thought deat doom black all come under the same heading coming to lyrics n guitaring!