Kingdom come....

Discussion in 'Poetry and Lyrics Forum' started by d_ist_urb_ed, Mar 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madhuresh

madhuresh madhuresh

yaar tum loog bachoon ki tarah kuun behave kartee rehte hooooooooo

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

I wasnt talking to you. And i do not care to answer your question, alright? Now i'll ask you to please stop posting on my thread.

3. nimisha

nimisha .:Forum Leader:.

well...
    my english is not that good... i accept my weakness.. so i dont mind, u commenting like that..

n guessing for nothing is..... i tried to find out literal meaning of ur poem.. then i tried to correlate..n find out concept.. but i cudnt.. so i asked u politely to explain the idea behind it.. but u refused as this poem is something personal to you..
    so all my effort were as good as nothing... as i cant conclude anything from this poetry..
    so guessing for nothing..

i m sorry..if simple words of mine...provokes u to be rude...
    may be u shud take me less seriously...

4. d_ist_urb_ed

Hm, you fail to see the point, i was not in any way commenting on or even referring to your proficiency in english. Heaven knows i'm useless at languages. And i'm really sorry that you feel all your work was for nothing, i do hope you understand how much i appreciate your reading through my poems and taking the time to comment and how thankful i am that i have you as a critic. And as far as i can tell, i wasnt rude to you in this thread, but if you felt i was, i apologise again. I take you as seriously as anyone else........

5. Hardik

Hardik .:.:.:BoRn TaLenT:.:.:.

ok,let me have my guess too...

The stranger is none other than me,you,..everyone of us,....the human being..

The lands he crosses and which so enchant him is his life on earth,..the life which he is supposed to live only once ( & i dont know why ) according to the pact made with the devil? i guess...but he is so lured by the pleasures that he is clouded with avarice and desires to have another chance at life after he is dead....

but when he opens his eyes,he finds himself in hell...where the devil tells him that like all the others,he too has comitted the crime of longing for earthly pleasures...and now he will be punished and remain forever in satan's own kingdom....

*phew*

what say?..:)

6. d_ist_urb_ed

The interpretation is more beautiful than my poem itself......amazing. And i wish i had the depth of imagination to write about such a theme, but nay, it's a simple pilfering thing, dont worry yourself, i'm glad you got such a wonderful meaning out of it! You go dude!

7. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

I was also thinking on the lines of what Hardik said but there's no way I could have put it the way he did!

But then, that's not what u wrote abt.. so :eek:: i'm kinda lost...

8. d_ist_urb_ed

Heh darling, you know you're always entitled to one of my explanations :grin: We'll "yahoo" it dont worry.

9. walk_alone

walk_alone **~~| An Atheist |~~**

Ok Sarat...
    I dint like the poem that much since usage of words such as coruscating,simulacrum,reminiscence has only hade it more complex.

Between, dnt get too much worked up on what people say abt ur post.....u can always say thanks to criticism.

as far as concept is concerned i think i havent got a clue..i might have my own interpretation but would love to hear urs.

10. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

read it over and again .....

read all the interpretations.....

i need a mug of beer now ..... :eek::

11. d_ist_urb_ed

Thank you, and thank you. I love to hear honest criticism. And i've already stated that this is my worst poem, i just posted it cause i pretty much share all of my poetry here.....
    @apurbajd, heh, 'ere you go, one on the house on occasion of st patty's day :beer:

12. Hardik

if my first interpretetion isnt what you had in mind,then at present i have no further clue about it....but i can try one more interpretetion...just for fun...here it goes...

Lets say its like some fairy tales one must have read about some sorcerer or witch who lures ppl and makes them victims for their own selfish gory acts of pleasures....

or the devil trading your soul for some wishes...

They tell you that you can visit this place ( or be granted a wish for that matter ) which you were searching for since long and have ultimately found it in their possesion,but only once....

You are so obsessed by your desire to find it,like a final missing clue in your path to sovling a big puzzle that you agree to their pact....

but when you find what you are looking for,you forget everyting in your greed to have it completely for yourself...

but thats when the evil one dawns on you that you forgot about the pact and adds you to his ever increasing number of captives he has made in the same way....

well,....i think i was more satisfied with my first explanation....now since i have taken so much pains to read your poem,i deserve to know what it was really about..:)

13. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I just read it once and what came to mind almost immediately is that this was about the "brain drain"....I reckon its more an outlet to frustration living where you are.

The theme reminds of the general attitude of IGT these past few weeks in a few ways.

You go. Tell me if I'm even warm.

14. Varshita

Varshita New Member

Now that i know a lil bit about what it actually tries to convey ...I am so damn tempted to write another explanation for the poem :)

15. d_ist_urb_ed

@Hardik, indeedy you do deserve to know, dear Lord brotha, you spent so much time on it.
    @bjr, kind of warm, thank you for reading it <3
    @Knight, lol i'll spare you the trouble and type it out here, since all the people who read my poem deserve an explanation for the amount of time they have spent on it.
    @all, This might be the most ridiculous explanation if not theme you might have ever read through. Or on second thought, i'll give you guys the idea that i was trying to write about and you can yell at me for the lack of poetic skill whatsoever. I've been hurt quite a few times by people. They come into my life, leave inadvertently and then decide to come back whenever they want....thus in the process making me feel like some kind of a whore. Usually though when they try to come back a second time i am a changed person to them..........see what you can make of that.......and please dont hate me for writing such a stupid poem..

16. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

*tries*

*tries harder*

:grin:

I was warmer than I figured...

17. d_ist_urb_ed

</3 Sure were

18. Hardik

*feels so stupid for writing those interpretations,yells at dist*...

what was i thinking???...:mad:

but i actually enjoyed figurin out diff meanings...can we have one more "stupid" poem of yours so that we can hate you more?? :grin:

19. d_ist_urb_ed

^I think i'm gonna delete this thread..lol.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.