Kala Ghoda Fest., Thursday.

Discussion in 'Music Reviews, Albums, Biography etc' started by Luthier, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Luthier

Luthier New Member

Hey guys donno whether any of u guys were there for the dhruv ghanekar band & Dominic miller show. It was a blast and i was there recording vedio and some pics too. I reached at 8:15 PM so i was able to catch only the last performance of dhruv and got it on video. Dominic miller started playing at around 8:25 pm. They were three with an indian musiscian on hindustani percussion. It was Dominic on Guitar n Vocals, Nicholas on Bass and Rythm Guitar, Mr.______on keyboards (forgot his name) and Raja on percussion.
    Dominic started with the song he composed with sting,"fields of gold". Then he went on to play some 10 or more of his compositions alongwith the ABBA hit "the winnner takes it all". He played a parlor sized classical guitar with the most amazing tone. It was a custom made. The bassist had a custom made acoustic too with a 5-string neck-through bass. I have all the performances in 1 -minute or 2-minute video since i was short of RAM space on my cam. I'll upload them on a site for all u guys. There was AADESH srivastava too since he was doing an album with him. They played their composition named "Shivam Shivam". It was good too. I spotted Ehsaan and Loy in the crowd. I was standing at the front fencing so i was able to get clean video but they are a wee-bit shaky since i was holding the camera over my head. But they are great. Below,I am posting some still pics of the show too. Overall a great show AND....... it ended at 10 pm sharp. so it was within the laws too.......DAMNnnnn.
    Regards
    Luthier.

2. Luthier

Luthier New Member

I'll resize and then post the pics......

3. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

I was there in the front row too!! Where were you?
    You have 'Cunning Politicians' on video? Please please post it somewhere.
    Will post a seperate review soon:)

4. Luthier

Luthier New Member

I was there standing right in front of the percussionist. I had my camera over my head in case u saw me. "Cunning politicians was the last one right... I have it but minus the starting voices of the politicians.

5. abhijitnath

Chalega:)
    I thought Dhruv Ghanekar went completely apeshit on that one. Would have loved for them to play longer.
    Also you could have told me you were coming. Would have loved to catch up with you.

6. Luthier

Luthier New Member

That particular video is 270 MB so where do i post it.....I can give u a CD of it if u want. Rest all videos are smaller. The first video took up so much space that i had to cut short on dominic's recordings. But atleast i have something. I will definitely buy a bigger GB card soon. Were u the one wearing a white tee shirt with spiked hair and heavy framed glasses and leaning on the fence (just curious).

7. Luthier

Luthier New Member

Some pics.....

Attached Files:

8. Luthier

Luthier New Member

some more.....

Attached Files:

alpha1 likes this.
  9. abhijitnath

No I wasn't:)
    I was the guy in a green kurta. Why-do I sound like the spiked hair types?
    And yeah I'd love to have the CD...will take when we meet. Thanks!

10. ustdjohnny

ustdjohnny New Member

Hey guys I was there too. Missed the Dhruv Ghanekar show. But saw Dominic Miller. I thought the Aadesh Srivastava songs were a bit cheesy. But then, just opinion. I was there just in front of the keyboard player. How was Dhruv? I've heard he is awesome?

11. abhijitnath

Yes he was.
    Truely world class..much better than Dominic Miller IMHO. A pity it was only an hour.
    I think he plays much better than his teacher and mentor Scott Henderson (ready for all the brickbats).