Kadhal Oviyam Chords

Discussion in 'Tamil Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by kishmu, Feb 25, 2005.

1. the_googly

the_googly New Member

I have a new question now...

Are these chords the same - Dm6 and Bdim?

And if they are different -- Kismu are you playing Bdim in the midi file you had sent...?!?!

J - the strumming pattern you are playing seems like DUDU and the second D sounds muted... Is that right?

2. kishmu

kishmu New Member

Googly:

Dm6 and B half diminished seventh or Bm7-5 are enharmonic - meaning they have the same notes in the chord. The bass note there was D so it became Dm6th. Usually diminished chords have a tendency to resolve to nearest major or minor - but thats not always true. The MIDI played Dm6th BTW.

Full diminished (different from half diminished) has the flatted seventh note. So C-dim has C+ Eb + Gb + Bb. C-half dim 7th has C+Eb+Gb+B.

3. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

@googly sounds rt. i dont know have to go home and reverse engineer what i did.
    i find it impossible to play air guitar and get the strumming :p:

4. chichu9

chichu9 New Member

kishmu, as I can see you and other non-guitarists here can help judge some controversial notes.. I am not sure how many of you would be interested in getting the tabs right for this song.. but is this the proper place to discuss that? especially having problems with the bass run.. poor audio to blame, not my ears :))

I will post some tabs when my notes has considerable stuff to discuss.. Just let me know if this is the right place? or I can open a seperate thread just for tabs..

5. andholanam

andholanam New Member

chichu:

This is the right place. But since Kishmu has named the thread - kadhal oviyam chords - I suggest you open a new thread - kadhal Oviyam tabs - and post them so that people can come and take a look. Audio is clean when it comes to base notes - we had some doubts only about the chords.

6. kishmu

kishmu New Member

chichu - this is a forum for discussing guitar tabs - so yes, it is indeed the right place . Its just that when it comes to writing tabs, you need a good knowledge of guitar fretboard. I do know little, like playing chords on the guitar, but expert guitarists will be able to tell better. With chords I certainly can help.

On deciding the right notes from Audio - it is very difficult if the audio is bad or if theres some really fast runs (like the ennavale adi ennavale - flute run). But with time, you will develop that ability. I can help with notes little bit, but its difficult to be 100% accurate.

7. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

i think sometimes it is bad to be 100% accurate. thats takes the whole fun out of music for me.. its the classical music vs jazz debate...

i support the jazz side. I think chords are decided by the composer to bring out the emotional feel he wants out of a piece. thats him the composer. I am not the composer.. i am the listener.. his piece may inspire different emotions out of me.. which might manifest as different chords.. and that becomes my interpration of that song. thats how i do most of my music.

8. chichu9

chichu9 New Member

agreed. I am not picky on specific notes as long as long it doesnt sound discordant. I will keep working on the tab.. and open a new thread later on if needed.. thx

9. the_googly

the_googly New Member

there should be a way of decoding a midi track to guitar tabs... it will be lot easier to develop tabs then. Will try to find out if anything is available..

guys... this song is great... good work kismu on the chords

the best part i like is ...

Thendral | D Gm | F# Bm | Em6 F# | F# F#7 |

beautiful transitions...

so what next?

10. chichu9

chichu9 New Member

googly,

I have tried some free stuff decoders and they suck.. I never tried but I heard finale software has some good utiliies.. finale notebook is free software to write music in staff. https://www.finalemusic.com/

the fun is in trying to figure out, rather than using some decoder to do the job. thats my humble opinion. :)

11. chichu9

chichu9 New Member

need a good mp3/other audio

Hey guys,

any one has a good quality mp3/other audio of this song? I go to online sites and I dont like them.. if you can, pls send to chichu9@gmail.com

12. the_googly

the_googly New Member

chichu: dude... yeah i know... the fun is figuring it out

you cannot create a MIDI before figuring out what is being played... i am trying to find something to write it out in the form of guitar tab notation.

it is easier for me to play the song... than to write it out. i think it is the same case with a lot of people here.

BTW... i have found some cool software which decodes MIDI to a text file... will work on it and let you guys know if i am able to build guitar tabs from the text file... :think:

13. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

DM7 sounds like DM7 with Abnote added whatever that resolves to
    more of a F#m2 based chord during enjeevanile then back to DM7
    bass remins D.. or maybe its just vocal melody. in any case i am not even gonna play DM7 am stickign to D major :)

14. andholanam

andholanam New Member

DM7 is spot on there and it is easy to play too Jay.

15. the_googly

the_googly New Member

hello J

try this

Code:
    D>>>>DM7>>>>>>>>>>>D>>>>>>>>
    ThediNaeN Oh Oh Oh En Jeevanae

16. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

just recorded the charanam played it over the song.. u may hear jencee at one place :p: bleeding.. i dint use head phones or anything.. played the song on mac itunes and recorded vocals and guitars on on track.. while playing and singing over the original...

https://vorlon.cwru.edu/~jayen/IGT/kadhal ovium charanam.mp3

The transition to Em6 was toughest for me...

here is the chord chart:

D x57775
    E x79997
    DM7 x57675
    Gm 355333
    Em6 022020
    F# 244322
    F#7 244320
    Bm x24432
    Dm6 x5x767

17. andholanam

andholanam New Member

F#7 244320

u can play 044320 - may be easier.

18. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

^^ that would be F#7/E
    play x44320 or 244352 if u cannot play 244320

19. andholanam

andholanam New Member

jay:

heard it. Your playing at:

Anbil | Bm | % | Dm6 | E D |

is wrong. Dm6 comes only in the third bar.

Bm comes twice as kishmu had written. if you were experimenting, then fine it is.

20. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

ok, damn. i know. I adjusted by extending the E D part. i am not gonna play it again :p: