just when i thought i quit video games...

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Mr. Scary, Jul 11, 2005.

1. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

i do...but yea loong time didnt post....

2. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

@cypher..ya the 6600GT is pretty good..but where to get the moolah for it:eek::?And dont talk about latest development in gfx cards..In dian customers are 2 years behind the world markets in terms of gfx cards..the 5200 was released a long time ago and still going strong in India..
    @dlogic..the 9550 has a bad reputation??:think:...check with your dealer if it was Asus or not..Asus cards are pretty solid..and avoid the 6200 with turbocache and 64 bit memory bus....it aint no good but goes around for 4.2K types(not sure)..a proper 6200 without TC and 128bit bus will be costlier...

3. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

ok with my setup - i can run the followig games on full settings:
    max payne 2, warcraft 3, gta vice city, nfs underground 2 - now this is enough for me since im neways elaving next month.. and the maximum usefor this computer will be minesweeper... so theres no way im upgrading..and no i didnt say the 440 was good - i said 512 mb ram was good - that made it all worth it....

4. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey this makes me get more pissed off with our country .... I bought an external HDD recently ... and guess what ..... the stuff which costs 50 USD costs 3600 Rs here ..... Same with Zoom 505 II .... It costs 40 USD and here its 4500 k .......

These middle men and the Govt eat the hell out of us..... Tax for importing, Tax for Buying , Tax for our Income , Tax for everything ...... Guess for 1 single product we pay Tax atleast 20 times!!!!!!!

A simple roti ... Tax for the seller of the grain ... Tax for the person who powders it ... Tax on Person who Bakes it and sells it ... Tax for us who eat it ..... Man this country is Crazy..

5. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

baby becoz of the tax this country is running....if u want cheap stuff look at Taiwan not US....

6. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

tax coz da things r nt gettin manufactured here.....

7. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Its import duty yaar...but govt should have reasonable duty on stuff which is not manufactured in India or has limited market, like gfx cards and guitar effects pedals....high import duty is to protect local industry..but there are no local industries making that stuff here....

8. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

why should the illiterate phucker (MP/MLA) sitting in the house give damn about what appeals to common sense and benefit of all ...

ultimately it is 'em who make the laws governing this ...
    if they are not getting their cut ... they wont do it ...

9. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

^^ MPs/MLAs are not the ones making the laws.. theyre made by IAS officers.

10. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

man where is this thread going.......... :eek:fftopic:

11. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

CIVICS 101:

well as per the Indian System ... The IAS officers (as well as PM, CMs, ministers) come unnder Executionary ... which means they are there to follow/execute the laws and ensure that everyone else also does that ...

Judiciary is there to ensure and take action against ppl/organisation/bodies which do not follow the laws ...

The Legislature (which includes only MLA/MLC/MPs) is there to make laws ...
    there is no say of IAS or IPS or for that matter any other person who has not been elected to the house ...

This is as per the Constitution of India ... not my personal beliefs ...

although we can discuss the law making procedure in detail ... the brief is that anyone in Parliament can initiate a bill, which is coverted to law once it is passed by the MPs ... no need for a PM/Minister (who take help from IAS/IPS/IFS) to initiate or give his assent ...

12. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

i got it............

LG FLATRON 17" E700SH PEARL GRAY
    GeFORCE FX 5500 256 MB [PALIT]

my desktop looks awesome

@nebu .....i was trying for 6200 but it was getting out of budget

13. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Congrats dude:beer:....how much was the 6200 going for and cost of 5500 is??

Actually u shud have bought the 128MB version the 5500 chip aint powerful enough to utilize that extra memory..just ends up adding to the price....newaz dont mind me..I am geek finding flaws with everything:p:...enjoy your new stuff...

14. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

6200 wasnt available.........but 6600 was and it cost around INR 6700/-
    so one can guess the cost of 6200

15. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

One more thing............ATI Rad 9550 was around INR 9000/-

16. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Duse those prices are seriously messed up...the 6600 goes for 10K and 9550 cant be over 5.5K(that was the launch price a year ago..its sure to have fallen)...

17. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

thats what my dealer told me....he showed me the case...and the price on it....
    i dunt know...may be some mess up

18. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

i was talking practical stuff boy .. do u really think the illeterate mps can make laws ? half of them cant even read or write . not only that they got serious lack of knowledge of the portfolio they adorn. the IAS officers who work in a particular ministry are the ones who propose these laws.. ya the formal procedure requires the assembly to pass them

u didnt have to show off ur googled civics over here . that was dumb ..

19. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

dude ...
    i dont need to use google for the things i have studied in school ...

PS. if u come across any thing in google which is similar to what i wrote ... just tell me ..., b.t.w. have u read the Constitution of India ... or even seen it ...

I have ... thats y i dont need to go to Google for that ... mayB thats dumb ... OK i'll live with it ...

20. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Totally agree and learnt something new.... to hate the dumb law for ....