just when i thought i quit video games...

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Mr. Scary, Jul 11, 2005.

1. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

yaar...i dont have ne graphic card...damn.!!.....and every other cool game coming out nowadays just asks for one...how am i supposed to play all that cool stuff...i did play vice city.....that doesnt require a card..........am dying to play san andreas...but then its only available in a DVD....and i aint got a DVD player either........(are u laughingh???...)....and then maybe it wont even run on my PC....<sigh>

2. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

dude..you do have grafix card... its just an integrated one with your m/b....how can you play vice city without any grafix card:p:??Actually some games ask for a 64MB card but somehow manage tro run on the onboard 32MB cards..I have managed to run Far Cry on my modest system..although it did not satisfy their min requirements...
    some poorly designed games refuse to launch if they dont detect the min requirements..eg Splinter Cell and PoP-Sands of Time..I got those games only to find that it wont work out:mad:

3. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

yeah yeah i know bout the integrated stuff...but really yaar...i dont think i got nething more than a 16 mb VGA......and i know why i could run vice city just like that...cuz its not one of those 'nakchadha' games.....

4. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

nopes.....no doom3...............

played tht half-life 2 recently,,,,,,.........also gta sa.....on pc..........btw normally i like action based statey games........like robinhood, desperados........etc......

5. fatjax

fatjax New Member

na man i dont think it will run, even if it does it will lag a lot. I have a 3.06 ghz laptop with a good graphic card and all and it still lags for me once in a while. but still u can try.. wat pc u runnin on. i only play games on my laptop and ps2 not on desktops..

6. Sirius

Sirius New Member

Hav u guyz ever heard of someone having 128 mb RD ram on P4 1.6 ghz with 128 mb gforce mx?? yaar my pc suxxx. Damn slow but still i make it work ;) NFS UG 2 ROX!!!!!!

7. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Okie..actually 3Ghz is overkill.. any 2Ghz processor can handle any game well enough..its the gfx card that matters...as for GTA SA freezing and stuff..its a glitch in the game it will be there even if you use a 6800..especially the explosion and fire scenes will cause slowdowns(read that in some review of SA)
    I have a geforce2MX onboard:eek::...athlon XP 2000+..will upgrade to Athlon-64 and a 6200 in a few months..

8. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

im sure gta will run on mine - ive got a decent setup - geforce mx440, 1.6 ghz processor and 512 mb ram - ya thats the thing that makes it good!!! - my laptop will have 1 GB ram - its waiting for me in the us...

9. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

err..who said that geforce mx440 is good??..its only slighly better than geforce2mx..the 4 series title is just a marketing ploy...All games today require DirectX 9..those geforce MX series dont have that..they are not even fully Directx8 compliant.....well designed games just leave out the eye candy(which relies on DX9 features) and allow you to play but some of those games refuse to run(sadly that includes most of the games released nowadays)..

10. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

i m going to have a huge upgrade.....
    i recently jumped from 256MB to 512MB RAM
    I have an nVidia M64 with Samtron CRT
    This week end i will get a GeForce 5200 with Samsung TFT/LCD
    hehe ehe

11. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

how can u say Splinter cell and POP-Sands of time poorly designed games... :mad: :mad: ...they r classics....

nd btw....i got a P4 3.2GHz wid 2GB DDR @ 400 MHz nd a Ge Force 680 GT which has 256 ddr :p: ....i guess now u want to kill me even more....

12. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Dude geforce 5200 is useless.. go for the Radeon 9550 or Geforce6200(not the turbo-cached..normal version) if you can afford it.....
    @cypher..arrrghghh...jale pe namak chidakte ho??..:mad:..you and your 'nakchada' classic games..:p::aggre:

13. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

@nebu...jali naa.....:p:....btw go for a GT 6600 if u wanna buy a card...u'll get it for 10-12k in lamington road....

nd if neone is plannin to upgrade i sugesst go for an AMD 64 bit one...coz its cooler than P4 nd unleashes the true power of ur gfx card...provided u got a high end one.....

14. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

@nebu Radeon 9550 is having a bad reputation in terms of life...i chked up with my dealer
    i can think about GeForce 6200(wonder what prices are they)......a month back the 5200 was a Hot cake.

15. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

dude every two mnths a new nd better card comes out.....nVIDIA is comin out wid a GE Force GT 7800....which is lik da nxt best thing....ive seen da UT 2K7 video on 7800 nd its godlike......in a couple on mnths tht will be hot cake ind a market.....rt now there is da X series bt ATI which is really hot..nd they r comin out wid a nu 512 MB crd (1st of its kind)...so u nvr kno....
    1 day ur crd is da bst in da market...nxt day there is a better one available...

16. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

512 mb card is hardly any use....256 mb is the specification for most games

17. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

dude...if u wanna experience doom 3 on da highest resolution wid da highest possible gfx settings then u need a 512 card....hope it cmes out b4 quake 4

18. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

@cypher .....ok kwel........right now i am worried about playing NFS U2....cuz it wont run. i recently burnt the 16MB chip of my M64....heh hehe

19. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey looks like lots of gamers out here .... Wondering how many of u post on gamersindia.com ...

20. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

i dont post at gamesindia