Just got Bajaao S series

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sridhar11_2, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Double Click

Double Click New Member

^^^^ Thank god I decided not to get a Floyd!!!!

2. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

I understand but dont dismiss it that easily. Its a bitch at first to setup (actually not hard at all just time consuming at first) but theoretically its amazing.

But i prefer a strat anyday actually...

3. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

how was the paint job and is it worth. i was looking to buy s470dx but couldn't find one in delhi. i think this one is a copy of it. if i change the pickups is it worth

4. sridhar11_2

Bajaao S series vs Ibanez definitely Ibanez wins even if you change the pickups. the bridge on the ibanez is probably the best floating bridge around. It alone costs like 300$ so there's no competition.

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ d00d did you actually stretch out the strings before tuning and locking?

6. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

lol! I agree! Never liked hiding behind a floyd rose....

7. sridhar11_2

I bent them both ways at every fret, at every string, and whammy dived up and down till i could dive no more. It did'nt help.

8. Distortion D1

Distortion D1 New Member

Dude you said taht you don't have the nuts at the back ? how the f** is that possible :S , well if there are no nuts the locking nuts wont work at all , and if you use Whammy like a mad cow then DUH it wont stay in tune , i guess the whole thing is this nut at the bacl of the neck , Get a Allen Key nut from any hardware shop , and see which fits best , Best of luck , Keep us upadted .

You got a sweet guitar , First practice enough (if ur a beginner ) then think about PROPER gear (as in High end stuff ) , till then Enjoy :)

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ LOL
    You asking HIM of all ppl to practice enuff before getting a gear.

Sridhar I meant suspending the guitar by holding one string.
    Or pulling the string up as if ripping it away from neck.

10. sridhar11_2

I'll try my best to stretch it out by pulling it. I'll give updates as it progresses.

11. sridhar11_2

An update to the guitar's status. I fixed the buzzing by giving the neck some relief using truss rod. It was undersome strain before (curved upwards). Its not such a hard job as people tell me. Pretty easy if you know wht its about.
    Been screwing around with the guitar so much that it now takes me bout 5-10 minutes to setup the guitar.
    The problem with the tuning has'nt gone away and i'm 90% sure its the nut's fault. The nut is some cheap thing that does'nt even lock the strings properly. The strings keep slipping even if locked. I'm thinking of taking it to a luthier and asking him to replace the nut with a decent quality one so that it'll atleast lock the strings properly. But i still prefer a person who knows something bout floyds to take a look at it once.

12. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

One question
    Was the curve(neck) actually visible or did u just guess???

13. sridhar11_2

It was pretty obvious. You look down the neck at the edge of the frets (try to see the light gleam of the frets) and you'll be able to see the curve of the neck. It was bulging upwards so fixed it.

alpha1 likes this.
  14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

So it is the locking nuts that are bummer?
    And is that the reason why the floyd rose setup is so inexpensive in this guitar?

15. sridhar11_2

I'm guessing that its the problem since its different from most other floyd nuts i've seen. But i'm not a 100% sure. I'm more bummed now cause i have like 5 guitar cables and none of them work so i can play my guitar:mad:

16. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

@Shridhar.... I feel, you should have talked to Bajaao person... If your's happened to be a defective piece he might be able to replace it...

17. sridhar11_2

I dont think its a defective peice. I know that another person who bought the guitar is also experiencing tuning stability problems. And i cant afford to send it back and wait for another one. I've already sanded down the neck so i cant send it back.

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Whats up with this sanding business, eh?
    Ruff neck?

19. sridhar11_2

I dont like laquered neck. A sanded down or unlaquered neck feels much smoother to me .

20. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

Sridhar

I did the set up myself. As I said, the Rich Harris thing is amazing, especially ifyou follow it closely. About your nut, don't worry about the two allens at the back not being there. There are locking tremelos like that, where the nut is fixed driving two screws into the neck from top. And I have seen those hold tune pretty well as well. Why don't you undo the whole set up, and like,,reboot?

I think the problem should sort itself out. Are you tuning it like its mentioned, tune it much higher for the E, then a little higher for the A, then slightly high for the D, etc, so that by the time you come to the high E, the strings balance them out.