Just got Bajaao S series

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sridhar11_2, Apr 24, 2006.

1. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Thats right i got my guitar today. It looks awesome. Very small and light. Neck is surprisingly good (meaning suitable to my taste, dont know what other people's opinion is) very similar to my strat (just need to sand the laquer from the back of the neck). It was nowhere near being setup. The bridge was depressed towards the body and the tone pot is loose. I just played a blues lick and the string broke cause of the bends (later intentionaly broke 2 other strings) i guess because of the bridge. So now i need some help.
    Since i have no idea bout Floyds and i dont wanna screw it up right at the first go. Does anyone know someone who can setup the guitar immediately cause i badly want to play it now. If anyone knows a place where i can get it done soon i'd be grateful.
    Thanks

2. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Congrats!!:beer:
    Too bad on the bridge though. Contact Ronnie, he will set you up with Bobby or maybe even the Rhythm musicals repair guy, they might be able to do the necessary setup.

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LAWL.
    Congrats for the guitar.

Have fun with Floyd.
    Happy dive bombing!

4. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

you go boy....dunno wats wrong wid me...excuse me

5. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

LOL....sorry about the floyd

Congrats dude..

post pics :)

6. sridhar11_2

Thanks guys. I dont have a Digi Camera so i'll try to take pics with mobile cam from someone. It'll probably be pretty bad quality but its still photos right. I'm thinking of taking the guitar to Aruna musicals since its walking distance from my house and i know the guy well (probably wont charge much).

7. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

When setting up the neck for Floyd Rose, dont hurry it up. The issue with setup of floating bridges is when you set it up for your preferences, it keeps changing because of the springs, so the procedure includes setup the neck, tune it up, set up the neck, tune it up, set up the neck ,tune it up, ....... It's a very repetetive procedure mainly becasue of the floating nature of the bridge. I had this problem even with my Squier bridge which was not the regular vintage bridge but rather a two point fulcrum bridge which is also floating. To do the best set up, this will be repetitive job, so dont hurry it up. A bad setup can even harm the neck..

8. sridhar11_2

Do you know anyone who can set it up well?

9. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

The truss rod is usually adjusted when there is a change in string tension i.e if the string guage is increased or decreased. I suggest you leave the neck alone and just setup the floating bridge(i.e if you are sticking to the standard 9s) coz the truss rod can be very unstable at times and small changes even by an expert(from iNdia hehe) can screw the neck. And remember the truss rod should be adjusted ONLY when you see the neck bow. If you dont see one leave the damn thing alone!!!!

10. sridhar11_2

I've decided to setup the bridge on my own. I understand its simple enough. Place the string (cutting off the ball end) in the middle of the saddle and tighten the screw and hold it in place. Place the other end at the nut and into the machine head and lock it. Now the only trouble i have is that the level of the bridge is not right. Its totally depressed into the body ( igues it'll get better once i install all the strings). To adjust the string tension vs Spring tension i gotta adjust the screw in the tremolo cavity right...

11. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

HOLD ON!!!!

Dude you HAVE to get the bridge parallel to the body. If its depressed then you should loosen the screws at the back till the bridge is parallel. Remember that both screws should be loosened equally. Once this is done replace the strings one by one and stretch each of them as and when they are changed. For a floating bridge it is imperative that you stretch the strings till it stretches no more. After this you tune the guitar and lock the nut pads.

12. sridhar11_2

By that you mean that the fine tuners are parallel to the body surface right. Once i install the strings i should go back and adjust string tension so that the bridge is parallel then stretch the strings out for a while then tune up (god know how many times) then lock and load right...

13. Distortion D1

Distortion D1 New Member

Wellcome to the Floating Bridge club :)

Now what you have to do is the bridge should be parallel to the body , not the fine tuner the knife edges , now loosen the springs from behind a little bit slowly and in a small radius . Check it time to time , Until they are parallel . Now tune ur guitar to pitch and check the Bridge if its parallel . Make sure ur fine tuner are equal to each other , like l- - - - - -l , dont loosen them tooo much the saddle will come out a little but should be in line , helps u later ,

Once its parallel , Tune ur Higher E (thinest) and stretch it give some nice bends and check the tuning , Do the stretches until the Tune is stable and perfect , do this with all the strings

Now the strings are tuned , bridge is in position , Now the just lock your nuts at the neck . And guess what your Guitar is all setup good to roll , hit this bitch now ;) . If a little tuning is here and there , jsut tune it with the fine tuners .

Hope that helps , Enjoy the S series , i really like the necks but im more Rg guy dont like S serioes bodies :)

14. sridhar11_2

I tried to set it up (almost two hours since it was my first setup. Here are the problems i ran into:-
    1)Everything was perfect after i installed new strings adjusted string tension and spring tension to balance well then tune it close to right pitch then i noticed that the 1st fret on all strings were buzzing heavily.. I tried setting action higher but that did'nt help either. I looked down the neck and tried to spot where the buzz was taking place. It was the 2nd fret. Now i know that the bridge is'nt at fault no matter how much i raise it. Its pretty obvious to me that the height of the nut is causing teh buzz. Since i did'nt have the proper tools nor the knowledge i did'nt proceed with adjusting the truss rod or the nut. I just uecided to bear the 1st string buzz and lock and see how it feels otherwise and take to a tech later to look at the neck.
    2) Here's the big problem. After i tuned it and set the bridge perfectly parallel. Everything seemed perfect (except for the 1st fret). I lock the strings at the nut and proceeded to do bends and whammy dives. Guess what it does'nt hold in tune. Even after locking if i turn the machine heads it still slightly affects the strings. At this point i thought that i must have not screwed it in tight enough so i proceeded to do so. No matter how much i tried it did'nt help. I just got begged up with it and left it alone.
    3) the B string keps slipping/breaking when i tune up or do any adjustments.

Now i'm wondering whether this is a manufacturing defect or a tech can actually fix it. Somebody help me please....

15. sridhar11_2

Ok an update now. I fixed the B string properly but the other two problems are'nt going away. I'm pretty sure if i raise the nut both the problems will be solved. Since raising the nut will cause the locks to come closer to the strings it'll hold better tighter i guess. Can anyone tell me how to raise the nut. Is it those 4 small screws....

16. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

^^just go down to that music shop and get it fixed.
    it goes wrong u can sue them later on................

17. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Read the title.

Bajaao S Series.

Bajaao is an online store, based in Bombay.

Now read Sridhar's location: Bangalore.

18. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

Why am I not laughing

Err. well...because I went through some of this, and thats why I disposed of my 3 month old 2005 RG 370DX for as less as 17K.

Dude, I had got my guitar all set up, but I decided to loosen the nut for some reason and retune it. Boy was I stupid. I had to get on to the net and find the correct way of tuning the edge III on my guitar. However, glad to tell you, thanks to online lessons from Rich Harris, I managed to not only tune my guitar, I adjusted the intonation, the bridge height, got the bridge parallel to the body as well. And I did it correct, it took me 4.5 hours, but all worth it.

The link is https://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/index.htm if you want to give it a shot. Basically for Ibanez, but I guess the fundamentals are the same for all locking trems.

Happy tinkering.

19. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Try the ibanez guide for floating tremelos (Floyd Rose types). Hope this helps...

Attached Files:

20. sridhar11_2

Thanks for the limks guys . I actually went through the rich harris tech section before proceeding setting it up. Its very helpful. My main problem is that the nut is all wrong for me. Go to this link and look at the back of the neck at the nut (see the two holes....well mine does'nt have them)
    https://www.guitartrader.com/bigima...pos=36&dirpage=dir2&itmid=42975&subsecid=1090

My floyd says that it uses licensed "FLOYD RDSE PATS" . I can get it into tune easily, adjust sprig tension very easily now but the bugger wont stay in tune. I'll sit down again in the morning and check the neck once before proceeding.

Actually running low on cash at the moment thats why i'm trying to avoid going to someone and getting a setup.

@sanjivdas......Did you get someone to set it up. Let me know whom you went to if you got someone else to set it up.

@blackmamba...... Thanks i'll take a look at it.

Basically i love this guitar for everything else. The pickups are fine not too muddy or noisy (but i'll change them later on). The action is good. The body is great. It looks cool. The only problem is the nut.....the bridge in itself is'nt a problem at all.