Joyish - O Meri Jaan From Life in a Metro

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by joyjoyish1, Jul 22, 2007.

1. joyjoyish1

joyjoyish1 New Member

This song is from Life in a metro............... ..........The music is composed by Pritam with lyrics by Sayeed Quadri........the music is considered to be special since for the first time ever in a Bollywood film, a rock band led by Pritam would play at important junctures in the film and take the story forward. The entire music score in Metro is heavily rock-oriented. The four-member band along with Pritam, also included Suhail Kaul, Soham Chakraborty and Bangladeshi singer James (Faruk Mahfuz Anam)..................

Thought to give a try singing the song and recording...............to be true friends the chords are easy to play but the song itself is difficult to sing......especially the o meri jaan part........may be easy for the expert singers......but still should be difficult................

Do listen to the song and do comment..........Thanks......... here is the Link https://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=683448.....

2. joyjoyish1

joyjoyish1 New Member

guys whats this no reply.............16 views but no replies....................pls do comment and let me know or suggest whats to be done to make the recording better.....................

3. god of guitar85

god of guitar85 GUITARPLAYER

gud effort..u need 2 work on high parts.i liked da way u sang da second verse. i kno this song is difficult to sing. strumming is good.decent try!!
    overall - 6/10

also heard ur other recordings.u completely messed in in dino - life in metro.guitar and singing was not in sync.keep practising!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    god of guitar 85 homepage -
    https://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=532902

4. joyjoyish1

joyjoyish1 New Member

Thanks A Lot Dude................really Appreciate Your Opinion And Time To Listen To My Recordings...............will Help Me Do Better In Furture......will probably try to repost the song In Dino and let you know........

5. anshammer

anshammer MR. - 2 - MINZ

hmmmmmm................ derz a prob wid strumming !!!!...not goin wid da song....!!!...it can go... but..u messing it up bhai.....

n 2nd thing.. iguess..its time..2 change da strings of da guitar bhai... shayad da 1st or last.... or ..ders iz sm kinda problem...coz.it was nt neat..sounded..messy messy....

i 2 likd da antara..... dat was good.!!!
    overall ....good.!! ;)

take care.!!
    keep posting.!!!

6. joyjoyish1

joyjoyish1 New Member

thanks anshammer....................but recently, I mean one week back, I changed all the strings and got it tuned using a software named accord guitar tunner...........should be problem with the way I play............still new to guitaring.................but thanks to you all, I am able to learn things in IGT and do better.........

7. anshammer

anshammer MR. - 2 - MINZ

hmmmmm..u changed da strings??..den shayad.. ure not holding/forcin down properly.....loose hoga..dats y..its soundin lik dat..!!but if dats nt da case...den... look beneath da strings..on da wood...is it oki ??..or it hs worn out or smthn ..so dat..da contact is nt proper.......
    chek it out.. n how.old is ure guitar??

8. joyjoyish1

joyjoyish1 New Member

its around 7 years old........................and was not in use for long time..........and it seems the gap between the strings and the wood is more........has to apply more force to press the strings down the frets.........really had sore fingers at start and still has...........

9. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Not a bad effort, guitaring is good too.
    After hearing all your songs, there are some points to pay some more attention, firstly your melody isn't very good over the whole song, sometimes you loose the melody as you don't sing the real melody, so in my opion you just have to listen the original carefully and try to sing it that way.
    Secondly, your Sur isn't very well, you're fluctuating in places, surely the higher parts of your songs, so you have to work on that too.
    You have a good voice, so i think you have to work on above mentioned points to be a better singer.
    Overall, a good performance, just keep on doing this good job man!!!

10. joyjoyish1

joyjoyish1 New Member

Thanks keoraf.............surely will work on the melody and SUR part as you said............once again thanks for the opinion.........