Jon Levasseur left Cryptopsy yesterday.

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by Mr. Scary, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

NNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I also heard that Lord Worm was back in the lineup and they were just about to release a new record. This is so GOD DAMN MESSED UP!!! WHY JON, WHY?!?!?!?!?!?! :shock:

Taken from metalstorm.ee

02.02.2005 - Cryptopsy - Guitarist Jon Levasseur leaves

Greetings all Cryptopsy fans!

Jon Levasseur here writing to officially announce my departure from Cryptopsy. It is something I strangely felt coming on since a year prior to my departure (August 2004) as my inspiration for such extreme music was growing thin. After 10 years in the band, I now wish to step back, lay low and explore other things in music. Who knows, maybe one day this new chapter in my life could turn out into something interesting!

That being said, I want to say that I’m very proud of what Cryptopsy has accomplished as a band and I consider myself extremely fortunate to have broken through boundaries with some of the best musicians in the business. So to Flo Mounier, Eric Langlois, Lord Worm and Alex Auburn, it’s been a great ride guys, full of memories. Thanx for everything and for putting up with me!!! I also wish to extend thanx to the ex-members club: Steve Thibault, Mike DiSalvo, Miguel Roy, Martin Lacroix, Martin Fergusson, Dave Galea and to the 6th member for the past 6 years, Maurice Richard and all other people who have been involved in the band's success!

Finally, I want to thank every Cryptopsy fan on the planet. Because of your undying support, the band is able to bring its music around the globe and it made me live so many great things and experiences. I got to play for fans in many places in the world, some places even beyond my own expectations. Hail to you all, thank you and do look forward to the next Cryptopsy album!

Long life to Cryptopsy!

Jon Levasseur

Source: www.cryptopsy.net

2. tejas

tejas ..........

WHY???? He was sooo good. Looks like hes still on good terms with the other members, thats good. But come on, he shouldnt have left. Can't belive this...

3. Mr. Scary

Alex Auburn is a talented guitarist, good thing he is still in the band. BUT GOD DAMN IT!! WHO THE HELL CAN REPLACE JON???!

4. tejas

tejas ..........

I know. He's always been with the band, hasn't he?? Im not sure. Sad news. Lets hope they find a good enough replacement.

5. Mr. Scary

i heard one of their old guitarists and that guy from Martyr have been filling in for Jon for recent shows. I really hope Jon will atleast finish the new album THEN leave

on second thought, i hope he changes his mind and NEVER leave.

6. Mr. Scary

Theres a rumor going on that Jon may finish the new album....i really hope its true.

7. Mr. Scary

THE OFFICIAL NEWS!

The new album was already finished prior to Jon's departure from the band. Let's hope that with the best lineup this band has ever had-

Lord Worm on Vocals
    Jon on Guitars
    Alex Auburn of Guitars
    Flo Mountier- Drums
    Eric Langois- Bass

hope this album will kick ass like all the earlier albums!!!!

8. tejas

tejas ..........

Cool. Great news. Im sure this will be great too. Can't wait.

9. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

i have no idea what this thread is about ,, whats this cryptopsy ? a band? or a new way of doing autpsy in a cryptic way?

10. Mr. Scary

Cryptopsy- an Extreme/Technical death metal band from Canada. A ****ing AMAZING band too.