John Denver- Leaving On A Jet Plane

Discussion in 'English Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by raj_aryan, Mar 7, 2005.

1. raj_aryan

raj_aryan Moderator

Leaving on a Jet Plane By John Denver

2-----------0-----------------------0-----------------0-----------------------
    ------2-----------3-----2-----------------3-----2-----------3-----2-----------
    ------------------------------2-----------------------------------------2-----
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kiss me and smile for me, tell me that you'llwait for me.

0-----------------0-----------------------------------0-----0-----0-----------
    ------3-----2-----------3-----2-----------2-----0-----------------------2-----
    ------------------------------------2-----------------------------------------
    Hold me like you'llnev- er let me go. Cause I'm leav- ing

2-----0-----------0-----0-----------0-----------0-----------------------0-----
    ------------3-----------------2-----------3-----------3-----2-----------------
    ------------------------------------------------------------------2-----------
    on a jet plane,don't know when I'll be back a- gain. Oh

------------------------------
    3-----2-----0-----------0-----
    ------------------2-----------
    babe I hate to go.

2. raj_aryan

raj_aryan Moderator

What !!!! Not A Single Reply On Such A Beautiful And Famous Song ?????

3. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

There are so many diff versions of this song by diff artists. I have heard a lot of them except for this one. I think this is the original one, and the rest are covers, am not sure. Arent there chords for this song?

4. raj_aryan

raj_aryan Moderator

Yes ,u R Rite, This Is The Original One..
    There Are Chords For This Song,, I Am Trying To Post Them Quickly..

5. raj_aryan

raj_aryan Moderator

Here Are The Chords...

All my [C]bags are packed I'm [G]ready to go.
    I'm [G]standing here out[C]side your door.
    I [G]hate to wake you [C]up to say good[D]bye.
    But the [G]dawn is breaking it [C]early morn.
    The [G]taxi's waitin he's [C]blownin his horn.
    Al[G]ready I'm so [C]lonesome I could [D]die.

{chorus}
    So [G]kiss me and [C]smile for me. [G]Tell me that you'll [C]wait for me.
    [G]Hold me like you'll [C]never let me g[D]o.
    Cause I'm [G]leavin [C]on a jet plane. [G] Don't know when [C]I'll be back again. [G]
    Oh, [C]babe I hate to [D]go.

There's is [C]many times I've [G]let you down
    So [G]many time I've [C]played around.
    I [G]tell you now [C]they don't mean a [D]thing.
    Every [G]place I go I'll [C]think of you.
    Ev'ry [G]song I sing I'll [C]sing for you.
    When [G]I come back I'll [C]bring your wedding [D]ring.

{chorus}
    [C]Now the time [G]come to leave you.
    [G]One more time [C]let me kiss you.
    Then [G]close your eyes [C]I'll be on my [D]way.
    [G]Dream about the [C]days to come.
    When [G]I won't have to [C]leave alone.
    A[G]bout the times [C]I won't have to [D]say

{chorus}
    I'm [G]leavin [C]on a jet plane. [G] Don't know when [C]I'll be back again. [G]
    Oh, [C]babe, I hate to [D]go. [G]

hwz tht

6. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

they sound pretty good to me...cant get the strumming right :S

7. vini

vini Repeat Offender

@Raj

the chords seem precise to me..but i dunno y..the tabs u've posted r really not makin sense 2 me..while m playing...umm..maybe im mistaken sumwhere..but its so easy..err..m confused!!

anyways thanx 4d chords
    tahda!

8. ahmedkhi

ahmedkhi New Member

@Raj

Thank you ever so much. My special someone would be pleasantly surprised when i sing this at a very special occassion coming up :)

You're a life-saver.

9. raj_aryan

raj_aryan Moderator

@ahmedki..
    you knw i felt happy when i saw the ure post , i don't knw why bt i am feeling nice, by thinking tht i helped someone in such a beautiful way.
    hey,, goin a little bit of serious.. bt u knw ,,i jst felt it, and i post it, tht's all..
    anywyzz best of luck !

10. sisu

sisu New Member

can ya give me the strumming pattern for the song..................please..........

11. acebuddy129

acebuddy129 S¡nE® Sá¡nT

Dude these chords are placed in da wrong places...Duh!....i hav already posted an correct and easier version,here u go. https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?t=10155
    Lemme knw wot u guys think bout my version ^_^
    PLease guys use the search function.Can u imagine how many man hours r wasted just to post a thing tht has been posted like 20 times before and plus if u'll search for wot u want,the mod's here will hav a easy time.

"Oooooo..........wot does this button do!!"