Joe Satriani - Midnight

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by slash_i_m, Jul 30, 2006.

1. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

2. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

3. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

It's not very good. You need to work on your tapping skills. Make sure the tapped notes ring out loud and clean.

Things improved as you went on...the segment towards the end was better played than the beginning. I have not heard the original so this is an unbiased view of your playing skills alone.

4. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

i wouldnt agree dmf...that was good i think (i have heard the original thats why i am sayin..).. but the pauses and the part where i think u improvize (around 00:25- 00:40 ) were shit...and neway...get a tighter grip on ur tappin...it does need work...

5. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I haven't heard the original or even if I have heard it, I dont remember it at all. So another unbiased view.

Nice playing. Nice Clean Tone, almost a perfect tone for playing that. It can improve but you are just a few weeks (of rigorous playing) away from making it sound like a pro one. There are places, where the timing is a bit shaky. My suggestion is play it with a loud metronome or drum machine just to initially synch up the timing. You will identify all those loose places, where it's not going tight in time and fix up all those loose corner. Anyway, you have done a good work on tapping. I wont agree to DMF that it's sounding bad. Either he must be a guitar god or this style of tapping is not very appealing to him. As Tax said that intermediate improvisation of yours is not sounding good. But you are pretty much there. Once Again...Great Tone...:beer: :beer: :beer:

6. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I heard your Dee too. There are difficult parts which you didn't pull off with ease. But excellent feel. Dude, you are awesome..:nw: :nw:

7. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

Thanks a lot evry1.
    @Anand - Thanks a lot bro.actually that part in the middle is not my improvisation Satriani plays that evrytime he plays the song live.so i thot wud add that also n that was the jack up sounded horrible:(anyways thank you very much.:)