jimi hendrix - the wind cries mary

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by varmas11, Sep 28, 2007.

1. varmas11

varmas11 New Member

https://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=337551&songID=5817741

I hope that this cover will surprise people on the forum if you know me at all.

though I'm not a real guitarist and more of the 'singer-songwriter' type, hendrix's soul and sincerity and songwriting are sometimes overlooked and he's just seen as a guitarist. he was a lot more than that and wind cries mary is a classic. he's a big influence on me and I hope that my poor guitar playing and inability to really cover him is instead seen as a humble tribute and suggestion to start listening to more hendrix.

also, if you're interested, I can tell you what this song means. at least what I think it means. take it easy guys

https://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=337551&songID=5817741

other songs to listen to:

bold as love
    little wing
    castles made of sand
    hey joe
    angel

www.myspace.com/saurabhvarma1

2. satan_4_infinit

satan_4_infinit New Member

good going man...u know ppl always did curt kobain,nirvana n to some level metallica,dylan etc.. the only link missing...jimmy ....
    i too have a nudge for jimmy stuff....nice guitaring man.....evr tried jack johnson stuff.....

b4 i forget care to share the meaning of the song and chords/tabs as well

3. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Another good job from you man, nicely done, keep posting man!!!

4. varmas11

varmas11 New Member

thanks guys

chords:

intro and recurring theme: Eb E F

verse: C Bb F

transition into theme: G Bb [then Eb E F]

solo: F Eb Bb C Bb [not the actual chords hendrix uses]
    G Bb Eb E F

hope that this helps; I'll be sharing the meaning sometime soon

5. azmanian_devil

azmanian_devil New Member

The more I listen to you, the more I really appreciate your work. Your voice has this really nice tone to it. Very nice smooth sorta sound. Great choice for the song too. I love Jimi, but where I really admire him other than his guitar work is for the exact songs you have listed. Great music choice buddy.

Have you checked out John Mayer? He's the best singer-songwriter out there right now. At least in males, coz I think Alicia Keys is pretty good too. Damn, cover some John Mayer, should be easy for you, after Jimi.

keep the faith

Az