jesus dont want..-nirvana...which 1z correct according 2u??

Discussion in 'English Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by vini, Mar 26, 2006.

1. vini

vini Repeat Offender

^ These are the chords for this song which i find posted everywhere..ok? Now i mulled over it for long and i think it doesnt sound right...make all these chords half step down..so>
    E becomes D#
    D > C#
    A > G#
    and now play!!....which chords are CORRECT according to you guys...
    or
    ..if u play along with the song, latter sounds better...anyways im planning to cover this song very soon..so help me :help:

2. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

LOL, I guess the person who posted the chords forgot to mention that the tuning isnt standard, it's half-step down.

So, the 2nd 1 is right for the standard tuning.

3. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

^^^^Could u please elaborate?:eek::

4. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

Sure.

Instead of the standard EADGbe tuning, it's supposed to be tuned to

Eb Ab Db Gb bb eb

All strings have been tuned half-step lower.

So, the chords given first in Vini's post can be played as they are with this tuning.

OR you could play the second set of chords with guitar being tuned to the standard EADGbe tuning.

5. vini

vini Repeat Offender

@crypt
    yes...ur right!..its the tuning!!..no the people who have posted have def. mentioned sumwhere about the tuning, but i didnt notice..even if i would have noticed..it woudnt make a difference..i bloody well can just do the standard tuning of my guitar! :eek:: thank goodness..atleast i know that :grin: Anyways..thanx a lot!!!!

now one more thing..the initial riff in this song is compatible with ..D#-C#-G# it should go well wid E-D-A coz the guitar is tuned half step down :shock: oh what a mess!!!

6. vini

vini Repeat Offender

+ can any1 help me wid half step down tuning??? gimme an audio link or attachment or anything :)

7. jim4u18

jim4u18 New Member

tune ur guitar on d# note
    lemme tell u simple way download guitar pro tune ur string to d# n so on
    or one more wat simple tuned guitar mein loose ur first string to d# note usin second string then with refrence to tht tune the rest as u do wid standard tunin

vini likes this.
  8. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

i find the EDA better...

9. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

EDA ROX!!! this is a nice song...yeh - and im drunk - so kill a cop and shoot him in the head...shoot him in the chest too.....but never in the leg......the legs just got some muscles causing temporary debt......the heads got the brain causing instant death...YAY!

yeh - EDA - wid half a step down...and it ROx!!! thats how i play it---was trying to tab all the stuff the basist dude plays on the phee pheee organ thingy - gaand phat gayi yaar...do i get banned yet? :yawn:

10. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^Do you want your wish granted?

11. fat_kax

nahi yaar disturbed - sorry - u can rub out the stuff that aint proper...im sorry - im just real frustrated cuz i think im gonna hafta let one of my frnds here at igt down....:cry1:

12. vini

vini Repeat Offender

thanx guys!
    thanx..REPS4u! :nw: i'll have to try this

@fatkax
    for ur own safety..dont login at igt when zonked! :aggre:

13. fat_kax

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    awwww cmon - it wasnt that bad....was it? :cry2:

14. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

I play EDA and Asus4 -- i think Asus4 is ineveitable in this song
    try this:

E-------------------D-----------A----------------Asus4--A
    Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam

(Asus4 = x02230)

15. vini

vini Repeat Offender

E-------------------D-----------A----------------D--A
    Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam

I find it a little tough to switch from A to Asus4 so i did ^ in my audio...D instead of asus4
    thanx