Jeff Beck playing a song called Nadia

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by Johny Bravo, May 30, 2006.

1. Johny Bravo

Johny Bravo The Boy Genius!

Jeff Beck - Nadia

Hi ppl. This is my first thread in this site. Herez a video of Jeff Beck playing a song called Nadia. I first heard it as MP3, and it was awesome. I couldn't believe it is a guitar played. So I hunted down the video, and saw it to believe it. A wonderful use of slide, whammy bar, and volume knob. Ppl must have seen it before, but for those who have not, its a must must check out. Herez the link:

https://rapidshare.de/files/19955669/Nadia.mpg.html

Will upload on some other servers too. Enjoy!

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Holy mother of God, that was beautiful...wow...

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Yea ...... Jeff Beck rules.
    But his blues style is not the typical one you usually come across.
    More of Jazz (according to me)

4. Johny Bravo

Thats it? No one interested? Hey if possible, someone plz upload it to Youtube. Its not working on my connection.

5. d_ist_urb_ed

^Takes a lot of bandwidth to download a file that size pacino. I'll see what i can do about uploading it to youtube.

6. Johny Bravo

Now dont tell me the PIAs of bandwidth. I uploaded it on a 56k dial up connection! Thats why im asking to upload it on Youtube so tht the ppl know the juice is worth the squeeze. Surely no one will download a 34MB file without the faintest idea abt whats it gonna be. On youtube u see it all along what ur downloading. Thanks for ur help disturbed. Appreciate that.

7. d_ist_urb_ed

^You're welcome. A T3 connection does come in handy once in a while.

8. Johny Bravo

:shock: Dude! 5 Mbytes/sec??? I think I gotta go take a piss...

9. d_ist_urb_ed

5.5 Actually through fiber optics. Wonderfully efficient.

10. Johny Bravo

Would You Let Me Get Out Of The Toilet???????

11. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

12. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

hey Bravio make a search using the search button for Jeff beck.. I have put up some jeff beck Videos.... I love Beck

13. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

:nw:
    That was so lovely
    Does anyone have any clue how to get that Sarangi-like tone on a POD XT Live and Variax combo? Please please please..I shall be eternally grateful.

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ I can, but my charges are US$50/hr flat.
    + The to and fro airfare (business class).

Game?
    ;)

15. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

He's playing using a slide. That's a major ingredient of the tone I would think.

16. abhijitnath

Sure. Anything else?
    @DMF-Yeah I saw. But even the notes he's playing with his fingers (look closely) sound lovely and bloom off the fretboard..anybody got ideas?

17. Johny Bravo

Dude its a combination of slide (major part), whammy (once of twice) and volume knob (secret ingredient). Use ur right pinky on the volume knob. I have a Yngwie Malmstreem video making Violin like tones on his strat, using volume knob only. I'll upload it as soon as I can.

18. abhijitnath

He is definitely playing with his fingers in a couple of places. I'm asking about the general tone settings he's using...any ideas? It's simliar to the Michael Lee Firkins tone which I really like. Also, if you watch carefully, even though hes not using the whammy bar an awful lot, he wiggles his palm on the bridge almost every bar, which produces the same effect (his whammy is set to pull up as well).
    I've seen that Malmsteen video..it's from some instructional video. He's using echo and volume knob to get that violin sound.

19. Johny Bravo

^^ u got it right bro. Im not any good with effects, so cant help u there. Peace.

20. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

:nw::nw::nw: