Japnese guitar or Korean Guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by imti, May 1, 2005.

1. imti

imti New Member

hi guys...me new in this website... ! soon i'm gonna buy a Ibanez Floyd Rose. here u can get the same guitar made in japan & made in korea.

which one do u suggest me to buy..!
    the prices of guitar made in japan r a bit expensive...and the ones made in korea r in a decent price.....but both the guitar looks exactly the same, same Tone, distortion everything exact copy.

i'm short of budget so gonna get the korean one.....what do u guys say...!! should i get the korean made...or should collect some more money and get the japanese one.......anyone here had any problem wit korean guitars...please let me know.....guys
    thanks for ur time

2. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

get the jap one

jap ibanez guitars are for 1. made of better quality parts and 2. have better contruction quality

ok wat dyu mean by an ibanez floyd rose?
    floyd rose is a flaoting bridge - i.e. a part of a guitar...

which model ibanez are u going for and wats the difference in price?

3. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

sorry for spamming but didnt wanna create a new thread to ask this
    @death87-i ve seen on several websites abt the locking tremolo(double/single)
    r these a kind of floyd rose?

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Floyd Rose is the company that originally designed locking tremolos. They still hold the patent and there are many manufacturers making it. There are also several other types of Locking Tremolos from various manufacturers.

5. rust_in_pain

so these locking trmolos r setup at the bridge only?

6. ronnieanand

Anyday, those things are fitted at the Bridge only. In fact they themselves are bridges with the arm attached to it.

7. rust_in_pain

but in many guitars i have seen 2 petal like shapes comin frm behind the fretboard and they called it floyd rose.plz explain.

8. ronnieanand

Hey Rust,
    I dont understand that how could a tremolo bar be coming from behind the Fretboard. Do you have any pics or link.
    Floyd Rose is a guitarist, who was using this vibrato bar a lot and he felt that it kept losing tune. So he come up with an idea of locking the strings at both the ends, so that the tuning stays intact. He launched the bridge and also his own range of guitars. The next advancement was a Floating bridge also introduced by Floyd Rose with the old double locking idea. The Floating bridge was much softer to use and more responsive than the vintage vibrato bars but with a sacrifice in sustain. This is the story behind.

9. rust_in_pain

how can i attach a pic?(didnt find any options 4 it)

10. ronnieanand

Go to the link manage attachments.

11. rust_in_pain

was talkin bout this one(dont laugh if there is somethin very obvious)

Attached Files:

• 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      File size:
      45.2 KB
      Views:
  12. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

dude that thing behind the fretboard is the extension of the guitar stand. Nothing to do with the floyd rose. It aint even a part of the guitar.

13. ronnieanand

Cool. That's the guitar stand which has a neck holder. Maybe you could put a Floyd Rose guitar on that stand and you will have your guitar looking like that when you take a pic.

14. deathdr_87

i dont know who holds the patent for tremolo - i dont think anyone does...

locks are basically a bridge.

now bridges are generally of 2 types: fixed and floating.

fixed ones are the type ud find on lps, acoustics, etc... they dont ahve any sort of whammy or vibrato bar attached... - these can go out of tune with crazy bending etc.. but are the easiest to retune.... - im not sure about this but - apparently they also help reduce tone loss as opossed to locknig systems...

now the floating types are basically not fixed - they can vibrate with the hlp of an arm - but usaulyl most ppl break their vibrato arms and are forced to manually try to vibrate their bridges... (haha - all my freinds have done this - im the only one with an intact whammy)
    the logic behind it is that u are reducing the tension in the strings y pushing down on it... thus the frequency of the sound drops.... now some bridgesa allow not only a drop in tension but also a pull back increase in tension... eg. floyd rose

hope that helps u with everything u need to know..

15. shak

shak Harrr!

i have found that in the fixed bridge system ... like in lespauls ... it is possible to do the vibrato, though it is a bit difficult ... what you do is press and release the strings between the saddle and the bridge ... with your fingers or the plectrum, u need light guage strings for that.

16. ronnieanand

Sharukh,
    When you do that behind the bridge or beyond the nut, you are still stretching the string and the vibrato is acheived by increasing the tension. With the tremelo bar, you could actually loosen the strings ie reduce the pitch to do the vibrato. Without a vibrato bar, it's not possible to do it normally. There's one technique that can but that's dangerous. It's actually by holding the body and putting pressure and shaking the neck itself. One of my friend did it on my guitar but that pissed me off. I dont want to risk the neck for some technique which I dont require.

17. rust_in_pain

thnx 4 all the info guys..
    ronnie i told u not to make fun of me :mad:

18. shak

shak Harrr!

@ronnie: yeah thats the principle isnt it, stretch the string ... thats what i do ... hmm ... there are some bigsby hipshots as well ... i think they fit well on lespauls .. but they take away the beauty ... dun want to do that ..
    and yeah i do that neck thing all the time!! .. it aint dangerous at all .. i mean if u have a sturdy built guitar ..it shouldnt matter... the necks are flexible ..they can take it ... i even do that slash thing ...
    in the sweet child of mine video ... at the end he slams his fist on his guitar to make the string vibrate .... haha .. i do that too .. :) :)

19. deathdr_87

bigsby vibrato arms look really nice on hollow body electrics.... they mgit even look decent on les pauls... i cant imaine how itd look on one though...

20. ronnieanand

Slash can afford 200 Gibson Les Pauls. I have this poor GB&a and sure I wont risk it for anything. Not even if Slash want to do it on my guitar.

@Rust. Sorry about that. I was just kidding.