Jam with some Pro Guys....

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by ronnieanand, Feb 1, 2007.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I happened to meet some professional musicians. The bass player is cut above the rest guy. We just jammed up for about 4 1/2 hours on a lot of crazy stuffs and few songs. The bass player came with a kewl progression. It goes like

A Major, B Major, C# Major, D# Major, F Major, G Major, A Major.

This means for every 4 bars the key of the song changes. So we took turns. I'd solo from A to G which means 24 bars and he'd solo for the same duration. We kept exchanging solos and it was great fun. The track is a bit long and the recording is not very great bcos the whole thing was recorded with one overhead mic...

Check it out at www.soundclick.com/anand and go to the music section. The track is called Progression Jam....

notty_lad likes this.
  2. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

nice stuff.
    bassist and drummer toh baap hai ..hehe
    your guitar was quite audible at the start but later on coudnt figure out what the hell was goin on. The drummer stole the most audible out of the 3.
    Nice licks there. Hehe. Quite a good tone but personally i feel it should have been a little more Aggressive types

3. ronnieanand

My Guitar was pretty loud but it was not facing the Mic whereas the bass amp was facing the Mic. I didn't realize it until I heard the recording. In our next jam session, I will remember to turn my Amp towards the speaker....

About tone.......If I gets any more aggressive, I just cant play the guitar........I need a smooth, warm tone, else I can't play anything.......Aggressive tone freaks me out......but that's just me........

Plus we were doing this Jazz / Funk / Blues jam......Aggressive tones are a strict no for such stuffs......My tone was already too heavy for what we were playing.....

4. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Great Jam session.. There was a point where only bass was playing it seemed but all in all seemed to have been a rocking session. Drummer was "dhaasu". Solos were great too.. Enjoyed it!

5. ronnieanand

:shock: :shock: What does that mean..........

6. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^Dhaasu means Really good in mumbaiyya lingo :p

7. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

I just meant having a little more highs not heavyness. Like your tone is a little sleepy types for me yaar ( no offences ) :aggre:

8. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Funky!!

Bassy is :nw: :nw: :nw:

I really liked the opening riff. Very catchy.

Uber middy tone ;)

9. max_payne16

max_payne16 New Member

good 1
    i wana learn soloing...rathaer practice patterns.......
    i don have ne1 to practice with me.....
    can u plz help me finding out progressions tht i can play on PC and jam with that??
    plz plz

10. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

rather good work dude!!!!

loved it

11. ronnieanand

Then it will sound like Dimebag playing Blues and Funk :p: .........

It was already too trebly bcos I was playing a damn stranger amp.....

12. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

so??? havent you heard Dime's version of Little Wing ?? Seriously give it a listen . Its fantastic . Heheh (aint kidding)

and btw . hows MY wah ??

13. ronnieanand

I have that version of Little Wing......Listen to SRV's Little Wing.......:beer: .......I can release an album of Little Wings........I have a collection of Little Wings played by a lot of guys.....Hendrix, SRV, Hammet, Satriani, Vai, Skid Row, Pantera, Pearl Jam, Eric Clapton, Govt. Mule.....

Maybe you meant the tone should have been a little bright but used the wrong word trebly.... Yeah...some brightness is lost due to the recording quality but if you mean increase treble then :mad: :mad: :mad: .........I cant stand thin trebly tones :aggre: :aggre:

Wah is cool :) :beer: :beer: .......Mmmm......if I manage to get a recording of my next gig, I will show you how it sounds with my gear. Right now, using it to play " It's My Life" by Bon Jovi. Using it instead of the Talk Box.......:beer:

14. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

Hmm.I remember someone boasting about a Thomas Organ Wah hahahahha.

15. ronnieanand

Thomas Organ Wah is still unbeatable..........It has the most natural sweep in a Wah.......I will be using this one for a while.......I will be using the Thomas Organ too.......Infact I am gonna start using the Rocktron Silver Dragon too instead of AMT........I find the Rocktron Silver Dragon more interesting than AMT.....:beer: .........I am just having different set ups for me.......Like Parker is going to be my main guitar from now on......

16. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Pretty awesome stuff dude...keep it up

The bass intro was much like bunny brunnel that was awesome. Great guitaring and drumming too.

17. ronnieanand

Thanks dude ......:beer:

18. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

yea boss...awesome stuff givin our way !!!!!!! bring them more !!!!!!

19. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

Too good .I am going to check out your other works.

20. jackdaws

jackdaws New Member

nice jam mateee....enjoyed this onee