jackson v/s ibanez v/s esp

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by petermasc, Nov 13, 2006.

1. petermasc

petermasc New Member

which guitar in different price ranges would you choose and why.
    i read somewhere that jacksons play better than ibanez's but their liscensed fr bridges suck on lower end guitars like dxmg etc etc.
    does the paint of ibz guitars chip off easily as compared to other similar guitars?
    why players are moving from jackson to esp,ibanez
    is it becoz of the money or are the guitars they endorse are actually better than the jacksons?

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Are you asking for a friggin dissertation?

3. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

hmm...thanks for starting me off on Ibanez...just to let you guys know...my ibanez is going to bombay in about 1 week for inspection....ok heres what i found in:

Jackson:
    Good Pickups - EMG passives and actives
    Bad Factory Destination - Chennai (ppl dont like that...donno why)
    Average Floyd Rose - Licensed and not original
    Amazing action
    and i guess basically its a sweet company
    Overall rating on the guitars ive played - 8

Ibanez...lol
    Bad Paint jobs - Cheap off very easily as u said
    Good Floyd Rose or whatever shit they call it - Called Edge or something
    Nice neck but - From experience warps like crazeeeeee
    Very average pickups on the basic cheaper models
    Personal rating after having an RG350DX - 3

ESP/LTD:
    The cheaper ones have a set neck which is sweet
    Comes with good pickups i hear
    The more expensive models can beat anything in its price range...for example...a 50,000 Deluxe LTD guitar can slap around a Ibanez Jem777 like its biach
    Total rating after using a F-2005/2006 not sure - 6-7

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

1. Players are humans
    2. Human beings need money
    3. Money makes the world go round n round

5. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

"money talks and bullshit walks" thats why people need money...specially in India. Man if i was into politics i could by myself an ESP RZK every friggin month...

6. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

7. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

all of the high-end jacksons, ibanez and ESPs are superb guitars.and both ibanez and jackson make crappy low-ends,sp. ibanez., jackson low-ends are made by harmony musicals,chennai...and doesnt fare too well with musicians....but, the high end axes have very good action, and pups too....
    i hear ibanex rg series is way better than grg series...cant say much about ESPs....

but the guys are right,,if only we had wads and wads of hard cash!!!

8. shak

shak Harrr!

many years ago the high end guitar monoply was being run by the big guns like gibson, PRS, ibanez etc. and small starter companies would find it difficult to break through so they got themselves licensed by these big guns .. (epiphone division fo samick got licensed by gibson .. krammer got licensed by gibson as well i think and jackson was a division of krammer) ..
    aah just goes down and spiral with no end ..

thus top players who also happen to make money from endorsement didnt had much choice .. but lately smaller making brilliant guitars have found their way through like ESP, ernie ball, schecter etc. these companies offer good guitars at low prices .. so now to counter these emerging companies the big guns have started to mass produce cheaper models and flooding the market .. ibanez, jackson, PRS etc. are all doin it now .

so spending small money on these big brands will take you now where!!!!!! trust me they aint worth it .. save some money and get yourselves ESP's/schecters/etc. .. they are much better guitars ..
    for example my next guitar (in a few weeks) would be schecter damien FR . after much research i found that this particular model offers EMG Hz pickup, an excellent FL tremolo unit, briliant tuners and overall good workmanship ... for only 299 pounds!! that is less than epiphones! or any other sub-quality franchise ...

9. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

shak's true...there's no point in getting a low end ibanez or jackson.....ibanez has a particularly bad rep for its low end six strings

10. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

hold the line...take some time..and get urself a US pro series jackson or a high end rg series...

11. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

Onstage and Reemal Investrade do import quality axes from the states..i had tried out a high end jackson at onstage,delhi...and my god, what an axe..terrific action...HOT HOT pups.....and there was another hard tail DXMG (made in india)..and it was at the antipodes.....same amp, but completely different tone, no bang and sticky fretboard....just no comparision to the US made jackson

12. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

@ LaneyManey .......U just need a chance t start off with ur Ibanez dissing dont u ;)

And no Jackson's arent made in India anymore.........The low ends were shifted to Japan way back in 2001 or sumthing

shsnawada likes this.
  13. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

nope they are still made in Chennai ....same bums started tansen and got sued. And please .... I hate ibanez and theres nothing you can do. I dont hate the company that much....just Venky.......

And what Shak said is true....and btw shak where u getting the Schecter from? I might concider that if its somewhere in India...if not ill be happy with MH250NT :p:p:p:p:p:p

14. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

Does the JS-100 qualify as a low-end Ibanez?

15. shak

shak Harrr!

^ not a low end ibanez but a good beginner guitar ..

16. rohit

rohit New Member

dxmg is made in japan.i saw it yesterday in shop.
    the devil is right jackson low end are now made in japan.

17. petermasc

petermasc New Member

the dxmg is made in japan the plant in south india is closed down.kramer was bought by gibson after it went bankrupt somewhere in the early 90's.jackson was a company on its own until it was bought by fender recently.the problem is that being in goa your choice of instruments is very very limited.the most expensive (price not justified)guitar in furtados is that crappy prs with soapbar pups.37Kwtf????????never seen a jackson here,i have seen a JEM once ,but it was imported by the owner.other guitars furtados keep are cheap ibanez jumpstart models,other cheap guitars including samicks,silvertones,etc all priced in th 8-15k range.i own a kramer (that was the best they had then).
    thinking of going in for a new axe my budget is around 30k dont know whether to go for a jackson/ibanez/esp/or a custom made by albertos.

18. petermasc

petermasc New Member

.............and laneymaney hope your axe gets replaced

19. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

thanks pete,

Oh cus when i went to singapore i saw the DMXG and it was written crafted in India and when i asked the owner of the shop if i should buy that he said no and directed me towards a Epiphone Les Paul lol...

20. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Anyone attended the Ravi Iyer PRS workshop, last month in Mumbai?

The sasta PRS sucked. Even the expensive GiVson is better than that.
    The PRS were freaking lightweight with very less or no sustain at all.