I've struck a deal...

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Myth_Pharoah, Aug 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myth_Pharoah

Myth_Pharoah New Member

... with my dad. :p

He said I can buy a guitar or a bike I want, and now I'm seriously contemplating getting some really good gear in my hand now... so I got 60k for buying gear. So... I can spend 12ish for drums(my sister has been wanting to buy them for a while now, plus I'd love to get my hands on a good rum set and learn myself.)

So I got 50k to spend on gear for myself. I was thinking some 28ish k for a guitar, 18k for a processor and then buying a loud amp with whatever I got left.

Now suggest me stuff, now this gear has to last be forever :p, unless I go pro I don't want to have to upgrade, ever.

How much did your KE3 Kelly cost ya Jay, man?
    How much does the POD XT cost?

Any 80watt amp for say 5k? Amp with nothing but a volume and 3 basic eq settings.

2. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

do you even get 80w amps for 5k...am talkin marshall......???????seriously if yeah i wanna know....i am lookin fwd to ur reply Jay.....

3. Myth_Pharoah

Myth_Pharoah New Member

LOL... my 15watt marshall was 7k, so no. You can get a local amp though.

4. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

KE3 kelly is 26.. Buy the RR% its 25 and looks cooler(Its a V). Never used, tried a POD.. sorrry there.. Go for GT6 what you waiting for.. Whatever you have left, Buy an amp. .And get custom Speakers from Stranger..

5. Myth_Pharoah

Myth_Pharoah New Member

No... I want a explorer shape, Vs are very uncomfortable to practice sitting down, the KE3 looks perfect to me.

6. Myth_Pharoah

Myth_Pharoah New Member

What about the JS30 KE Kelly? Its the KE3 without the floyd rose and suckier pickups, but still good for me, as I hate Floyd Roses.

7. jayanth

YOu cant play m,etallica without floyd rose.. Your guitar will go out of tune.. KE3 is perfect.. And then Please dont call it Explorer shape.. Its the Kelly shape..(InFuture).. V's are better for practice sitting down. .TRUST ME>. Also carrying around is easier.. Kelly cant be taken in a Bike, Scooter, Auto or Bus.. Needs a car.. But thats a different issue.. JS30 i have not tried. .If its KE2 thats something i have tried. .If its the same, i liked that too.. You can go for it..

8. hairyPotter

hairyPotter New Member

Are you saying that for a budget of 5K, i cannot get _any_ marshall at all? :(

What "good" amp do you suggest for a 5K budget? I'm not specifically looking for loud amps. A home practice amp is fine (my room is like 9x9).

(Oh, and distortion / overdrive need not necessarily be good because I dont need them really. All I need is good reverb and delay if possible).

9. Myth_Pharoah

Myth_Pharoah New Member

Distortion you'll always need later on... it is da baap effect. :p

For 5k, you might be able to get a 15watter second hand marshall. Look around.

10. jayanth

Get Stranger.. I like Stranger actually.. Distortion is not an Effect.. Its an Amplifier..

11. Myth_Pharoah

Myth_Pharoah New Member

Whatever.... :p its still different from the normal tone, the direct tone, so its veen affected, so its a effect.

12. jayanth

No you get Amps only for Distortion... Even clean toen is an effect then..

13. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hey,
    A month back I bought a 15Watt marshall for Rs.4700 after a long bargain. Mine is a basic 2 channel model (Clean + Dist.) without reverb or any other effects. Stranger looks okay but marshalls are far better. Unfortunately the marshalls available here are all Indian made. Better get a 100 Watt head from someone in the US. You can pick up any good speakers here.

14. jayanth

I still Like Customizing stuff.. SO i would Go with Stranger.. I dont need an Amplifier i use Amplitube.. But this way you can easily get it made for you.. Its like the guitar and amp are MFEO..

15. pro_Guitar

pro_Guitar New Member

A lot of marshalls are now made in India except the Valve state and the more sofisticated ones. I think all solid state amps are made in India and Marshalls is a British Company not American .

16. jayanth

Now we know where the Crunch comes from.. marshall amps are good.. I prefer Peavey.. They Rule.. As Pro said. .Most of the stuff we get are MADE in INDIA..

17. pro_Guitar

pro_Guitar New Member

I love my LINE6. Don't need to use gadgets to sound good. I just wish they were cheaper.

18. Myth_Pharoah

Myth_Pharoah New Member

Dude, how is clean an effect? Clean is a pure sinewave, when you cut if half way through you get distortion, so you're affecting the sine wave.

19. pro_Guitar

pro_Guitar New Member

I presume you don't even know about the line6 then.

20. Myth_Pharoah

Myth_Pharoah New Member

Huh? I know a little about the Pod XT, yeah, a little. I know its a amp modeller with basic effects.

What has that got to do it effects?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.