Is this guitar good ???

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by varun1712, Apr 26, 2007.

1. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

im gonna buy a Aria XL DLX frm New bharat in Delhi......
    I played the guitar an its pretty damn good fer the price....... so i wanna knw if this guitar is Worth it ??

Specs --

Body : Alder
    Neck : Maple, Bolt-on, Smooth-heel
    Fingerboard : Rosewood
    Frets : 22F
    Scale : 648mm(25-1/2")
    Pickups : OH-1 Humbucking x 2, OS-1 Single Coil x 1
    Controls : Volume x 1, Tone x 1, PU Selector Switch x 1, Coil Tap Switch x 1
    Tailpiece : KKT-C Double Lock Tremolo
    Hardware : Black
    Bridge : Licensed Floyd Rose

2. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Alder Body spells good, LFR spells ok...unknown pickups spels bad....Maple neck spells good! How much is it?

3. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

Iraquita owns/ed an aria

pm him

4. yazi

yazi Banned

Why u goin for a maple neck. When they get blackened and sirty, they look real bad.

5. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

No they dont lol! u can wipe them. Ur supposed to wipe the guitar down everytime ur done playing it...

6. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

ive got the cheapest aria............................usually good for beginners in electric guitars......................no idea about the high end aria guitars

7. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

I heard Arias are awesome when modded up...some guy did a great job on an aria on the ESP forums

8. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

^^
    can u giv a link please?

9. yazi

yazi Banned

ESPs are even better when modded.
    And yes they do get dirty. Even if u wipe them. Its an irreversible process. Something always sticks on the neck.

10. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

^ whaat? I own 2 guitars with maple necks, and worked on a dozen more, never faced this problem.

11. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Unfinished necks do that. They also warp badly and could soak up moisture, moreover some people's sweat is more acidic than others'. Finished Maple necks are great to play.

Maple necks NEED finishing. Insist on it!

12. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

Thats what I was thinking. Unfortunately, my tube light flickered on a li'l late.

13. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

It was long ago...the links must have died out. Was like in December on the General Discussion Forum...that places moves damn quickly. Ill send the word around though. It was a white bolt on aria. The guy put EMG 81,85,SA and Grover black tuners. And Some electronic mods. It looked and sounded cool.

14. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

When u say unfinished necks...do you mean un lacquered or whatever its called? Im not too familiar. And one more noob question...when painting a neck, do you lacquer it first and then apply the paint or just paint over the wood.

15. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

lacquer is clear so that goes on last. It also comes in different types. I like the matte variety. The Glossy kind is very reflective , the matte one feels natural and fast. New Ibanez necks are like this.

Some woods like Rosewood are naturally oily so they don't need finishing.

Traditionally Lacquer is glossy but these days they're using some pretty sophisticated substances so they just call it finish. Need to find out about it though

16. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Thanks...my ibanez is shiny ...so i guess its a glossy lacquer

17. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

my neck has a good finishing.. an i agree the pick-ups culd hav been better but they r enuf fer me....im gonna get EMG's put by the end of this year so its okay....... anyways the price was 13.5k..... frm Delhi.... till now i think this guitar is a brilliant choice under the 15k limit..

18. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

iave bought the guitar..........so thnx fer all the help.. :)

19. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

nice..........post some pics

20. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

I Demand Pictures!