is this a beauty or what???

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by shak, Jan 1, 2005.

1. shak

shak Harrr!

feast your eyes guys..the new monster from gibson custom shops
    www.gibsoncustom.com
    peter frampton model...

2. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

gr8....details?

3. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Mine's exactly the same except its Epiphone Les paul Custom. Everything else is identical. Another thing, mine comes with Zakk Wylde EMGs 81/85.

Cheers!

4. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

nice guitar.......

dont see triple humbuckers often...

wat are the settings on your pickup selector, as in what combinations can you select....

5. shak

shak Harrr!

the epiphone makes these by the name of BLACK BEAUTY.....they have been producing triple Humbucker guitars since early 90's this is the first gibson featuring triple humbuckers..(i think) the middle pickup is always on...(the guy for this guitar was wanted it that way) and you merge the middle with neck or bridge.....i hava a lp classic so i don't really have much choice when it comes to selecting pickups..mine is almost always on rythm....

6. deathdr_87

wat dyu mean by u dont have much of a choice?
    dyu mean that its only a 3-way switch as opossed to a 5-way? or is is something else?

oh and in the middle selector of the three way - are both humbuckers working, or half of each?

7. shak

shak Harrr!

i think i am a little lost..so
    if you are talking about my lp...its a standard lp...with two humbuckers with 3-way switch..so i can only select bridge, bridge+neck and neck..and most of the time i have my lp on neck..

if you are talking about the lp above...its peter frampton's lp...not mine so he knows what pickup he is on..but he also has 3-way pickup selector....and on the website it says that the middle pickup is always on..so i think it means he can select bridge+middle or neck+middle or bridge+middle+neck..8(

8. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

Your wrong man, Gibson started making "Black Beauties" like in the 60s, jimy page had one and it had 3 humbuckers on it. Epiphone is just copying that old model and i think Gibson is started making them again.

9. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

10. shak

shak Harrr!

yeah...@hd4fon...you are right..i think i had way to many pints that day...( :grin: )
    sorry for that guys...gibson had been making black beauties since 50's and they recently did a re-issue in 2001...but the above pictured guitar is not a blackbeauty...its a custom shop model :)
    and nice collection @jay...

11. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

Hehehe, still black beauties are truly beautiful :D

12. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

@ jayswami

how does the pickup switch work?
    does it select neck/middle/bridge or some other weird thing?
    thanks in advance

13. deathdr_87

i dont think u got my question properly - u see - on most guitars with humbuckering, if u select more than one humbucker or a humbucker and a single coil, it seems as if only half of the humbukcer(s) are actually working (humbukcers are doubly coiled i guess? and so only 1 of the coils is used? someone pls confirm this).... so i meant does ur guitar and/or the one in the picture use this same pickup selection or does it allow oth the humbuckers to be completely on... maybe jayanth would know the asnwer to this....

14. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Gibson, wow! Amazing guitars:shock: Triple humbucker eh? Never tried those ones.

15. shak

shak Harrr!

i know what are you talking about..."the humbucker tapping"...you see in humbucker the two single coils are joined together so that both are out of phase with each other this way they both cancel out the hum of each other that is associated with single coils...with the modern pickups the humbuckers are "Tapped" so you can use the two single coils at the same time (humbucker) or you can cut one single coil and you are left with only one single coil which works independently!...normally you get "sweet switches" on guitars which have this humbucker tapping enabled...and i dont think that gibson do this with thier guitars but i am not sure...any ways check out the brian may's signature guitar he has some wierd combinations of pickups....

16. deathdr_87

ya... thats nice the selection on that can be sued to add/ remove hum as necessary - that guitar gives the player lots of control over sound... its possible to simulate almost any pickup... pretty cool...