is there something wrong with the site

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by cumming soon, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cumming soon

cumming soon Banned

hi everybody . just wanted to know whether anybody else is having a problem with this site?wthin 5 mins of loggig in ,the page on my screen gets cancelled ;and i have to refresh it everytime i visit a link in the site itself. its been happenin from the beginnin but i thought something could be wrong with my connection. its been 2 months not .all the other sites work just fine barring this one

2. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

nope for me the site is fine.

I am usually logged in for 4 hrs at a stretch when im playing online games.

3. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Try checking the "remember me" box while logging in ..

4. Morbid_Angel

but it aint sposed to happen even if u dont check that box..it has a different meaning.

5. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Yeah u forget to check that box. So the cookies get expired and you need to log in again. If you enable the "remember me" option, the cookie would not be temporary and will stay as long as you don't clear them (Or the explorer crashes).....

6. vini

vini Repeat Offender

no..but the problem wid me is that everytime i open a forum page, a box appears saying "operation aborted..blah blah" then when i close it i need to click "back" for the same page to load again...damn sumthin really wrong!

7. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

That is because of the links being loaded. It's irritating but I suppose we have to live with it. I get the thread aborted message too.

8. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^Then why don't all have that prob ?

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

connection speed, as far as I remember neo saying.

10. vini

vini Repeat Offender

maybe its also dependant on the explorer one uses!iL try mozilla soon and will see if the hitch remains!

11. Morbid_Angel

yea Mozilla Rocks ! :D

I too advise to check the remember me box unless u in a cyber cafe.

12. cumming soon

cumming soon Banned

i always log in through the remember me stuff but doesnt matter.
    also it takes a long tme for this site to open and when it does it usually gets aborted or somethin and i have to refresh it again. it happens EVERYTIME i log in so i think there is a problem somewhere

13. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Never tried IE since long so can't say .. but I don't think it would make any difference .. Mozilla better than IE n all that is just hype .. infact i've encountered some places IE opens pages which FF doesn't .. So tis just a matter of choice ..

14. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

@vini
    Have u disabled cookies in browser???

15. vini

vini Repeat Offender

and man..another problem is that...some stupid pop up ad appears. when i close it, it hangs up all the other pages..and eventually all pages get closed!
    and yes..dont ask me to get a pop up blocker, as ads appear anyway...these ads have made a mess of IGT, v never used to have these many before then why are we having so many now?

@mods
    is there anyone to answer here???? oh sorry..only neo is active these days, u must be under so much work pressure neo

@sugata
    No!..i havent

16. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

@vini: Dear...this prob has been addressed many times earlier too..
    Its the Kontera Ads System which causes problems sometimes...
    N we need ads to support our server costs...as we are crossing our alloted 40GB monthly traffic b/w limit regularly every month...
    Regarding activeness of mods... well i dont post around everywhere to be "noted as active"..
    I waited to reply on this thread as i wanted to see if any new problem is causing worry...or its same old prob...
    A small solution i may suggest is, try this browser: Crazy Browser https://www.crazybrowser.com

@everyone: In todays fast growing web-world..without any standard specifications for Browsers...its getting increasingly difficult to address users based on the browser they use!
    I personally keep 3-4 browsers at bay...n have divided websites across each which happens to work perfect correspondingly...
    You cannot stick to one browser nowadays..

REgards,
    Zooom..!!

17. vini

vini Repeat Offender

im sure dear..thanx for replying!

18. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

You should'nt have quit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.