Is There Life After Death?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Sanjay Mazumder, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

whts da use in worryin abt "life aftr death" ???? makes u (@all) feel good ??? nah.. i can be reborn agn.. its not da end ????
    wht u r in this life.. u won remember tht in ur nxt life.. dude... evn if thr is this "life aftr death"... so whts the point ?

myself dont think abt tht stuff nymore (used 2 b4.. but it made me sad)... so i don think abt it nymore it.. forgt abt believin or not believin whthr thr is actually "life aftr death"..

2. Sanjay Mazumder

Sanjay Mazumder ~..::MASTERMIND::..~

@subhro, Actually, there's a craze for knowledge. Yea, it doesn't matter whether there is life after death or not coz even if there is life after death we won't be able to remember 'bout our past lives.

But I've heard stories about ppl remembering their past lives. Trying to find out what Science says...........

3. pjunk_mail

pjunk_mail New Member

Dear Sanjay,

Without any religious prejudice take a look at this link.... should (or atleast try to) answer your question. And if you have a little time go through the other parts of the site..... very interesting, if you are willing to read & think with an analytical perspective.

https://www.inplainsite.org/html/what_happens_after_death_.html

would like to know what you think..... :think: ;)

j

4. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

okie,not everybody get equal reward here for his doing ...

take the example of ADOLF HITLER or MOSSOLINI ... He killed millions of people.....but he died in a simple way......
    "did he get the punishment of killing so many people in his life?????"
    obviously he cannot be Died million times but only one time....

but if he goes to hell ....he will be Burnt million times....equal to his doings...

5. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

@sanjay You can never find the life after death ....by Scientific Ways.....its out of reach from the science......

6. Sanjay Mazumder

@pjunkmail, I couldn't realize what to analyze from that site.

@jazz, let's try our best.

7. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

these thing are out of reach from the human thinking n science .....
    these things can only be experinced by a dead person.....

i hav a belif that we ll hav a life ...(but not like this life ).......a another life in Heavens or Hell .....based upon doings in this life .....

8. Sanjay Mazumder

might be U are right......

behind everything there might be something supernatural...... who knows

everything is a mystry

9. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

No it is not... people just don't want to think that much about it and prefer to believe that it cannot be dealt with in a "scientific" way...

There is no contradiction between pure religion (atleast Hinduism ...which i know very well) and science...In Gita it self Krishna says that Gyan Yogi....the one who applies thought to understand the ultimate knowledge (about life and death) is the greatest Yogi of them all.

Later there were perversions of the old Gita script to add stuff which wud propagate sanatana Dharma...this is very well known .... that gita as we know today is NOT entirely in the form it was written.....like say Bhakti Yoga ....Total (read: blind) belief in GOD and that he IS the Universe...This is definitely an addition to divert people from thinking in a logical sense.

This happens in many scriptures...They start off fairly logically on the topic of life and death and usually the Sanatan stuff gets added into it...i've seen a few myself... it's so sad...

The people who are decendents of greatest thinkers are trying hard to stop people from thinking.

I wud like to go on...about this as philosophy is one of my favourite subjects.... but that wud be too long.... :)

10. Sanjay Mazumder

Yea, I too heard that Gita is quite scientific. And whatever U say here is really interesting.

11. Gaurav_Bravo!

Gaurav_Bravo! ..the chOOsen One!

yaaaa..... that's true my bro with exact words.... i don't understand y people run out of reality.... just by clsing your eyes reality is not going to be changed.... your each moment is going nd u r frwrding towards dt moment whn no body will be with u excpt ur dth nd dt is surely going to come.... so y to run when at last v hv to face death..... nd its sure.....
    (nearly 20 yrs. of my life has passed in no time.... so now wt will it take for 20+20yrs.... it makes sese)

u know 'PEOPLE GET SAD BECOZ THEY WANT TO GET HAPPY!'.... think in deep abt reality u would know how fool r we.....

12. Sanjay Mazumder

Yea, we all are mortal. and U are true Gaurav. And as U say people get sad coz they want to be happy is the ultimate truth.

13. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

but i hav a point....that
    we must hav some consequences for our doing here.....
    which we may or may not face here.......(ther r lots of examples)
    ther must be some judgement day and compensation for our doings ....we must hav a reward...

14. Sanjay Mazumder

whatever we do good or bad, we get the results according to that and I think everything goes on here on Earth!

15. Menon

Menon New Member

Damn..What science?? It seems more fantasy here man..no science..
    And pls lets not encourage the preaching and discussion of any sort of scripture hereafter MODS..pls take note!
    Cheerio
    Menon

16. Gaurav_Bravo!

hey if everything what we do is rewarded on earth only.... then wt abt so many criminals... they do a lot crimes nd wt they get is just a death nd there punisment gets over?... isn't its easy... ya partially u r true.... he has to pay in some another form on this earth .....wt we call rebirth.... but some crimes r not even punishable even on earth..... the main point is not wt u r doing.... but wt is u r feeling!

17. light_of_erindi

No we do not have to pay for anything ...in our "after" life...some criminals get away with crime cause they're smart enough to avoid law.... simple....
    Does that mean it's OK to kill anyone and not be punished for it?... u see killing is a bad thing but that is very relative.... that's our (read: most of the non violent world) point of view.... There is no such thing as universal good or bad... it's all relative to a person... we think killing a person is bad so we think he deserves a punishment... he certainly does not think that way!!
    Ancient Mayans supported sacrifice all along... why did they not think that killing of another human being was bad?.... infact they thought it was sacred!!....Did they land up in "hell" ...on the contrary....they were kings...:)
    If a person were to go through life and death cycle continuously... he shud reach a final "nirvana" or something similar...eventually...so the entity shud not take birth again but as we can all see the population of the world is increasing all the time.... whereas according to the rebirth theory... it shud've reduced as more and more people escaped the life and death cycle after a lot of births....
    phew... more on this later....:)

18. Gaurav_Bravo!

hey.... i already quoted dt point!>>>>
    'What u do matters a little.....but wt matters is ur feelings'(it seems u din't read my last point....)....
    nd my dear.... if it would so easy to reach at 'nirvana/Moksha(or wtever v say) then i would not b trying to explain u this.... bcoz i would hv perfectly understood dt no body can change view of anyone.... everybody is right frm his/her point of view..... only time could change view of anyone....its automated!

19. light_of_erindi

no i wasn't replying to ur last post... i was posting in general....
    It is not easy to achieve moksha....but u do get to it in time...after a lot of rebirths... that's what the rebirth theory says... and if u r not going to get there till the world ends... why try at all? ...cause the next universe will start from scratch... it will not remember at what state u were before it last collapsed into itself....cause the elements all encroach each other... when the universe ends and all that is left is the Avyakta... it is its "desire"...i.e. a disturbance created in the all balanced entity that causes the world to exist... so it probably knows that some parts of it are not gonna reach a totally enlightened state...so there's no harm in being that part which never achieves completeness.. in short... keep doing what u want to do... karma yoga... i.e. DO YOUR OWN THING......:)

20. Gaurav_Bravo!

ya.... its all ur wish....if ur inner soul doesn't appeal on keep chnging ur sorroundings.. new mom nd dad at every re-birth... ur lst birth lil sister could b ur elder brothr... wo knows?.... nd whtmore nobody would be remembering all these.... superstr of hollywood would been wrking as an housewife in some lil indian village....who knows?... well if u can accept this reality.... u can keep on with this cycle.... or else make the mind dt each of ur litl karma would be ppointing to nirvana/moksha....
    .....bcoz u know wt evr v r doing right now lso hv no existnce.... who knows v would hv done this prvsly many thousands time also.... the reality is harsh but still aceptabl