Is There Life After Death?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Sanjay Mazumder, Feb 21, 2005.

1. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

can any one tell a Very Good reason ........
    that for doing good things....in this life, if we dont hav a reward for this life????

if some one here is good here then he gets his reward in other life!!!!!
    heaven for good ......and hell for bad....thats the reward...

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

@jayswami, i wish i could......
    @smriti, LOL:)
    @all, No, i dont believe there's life after death. We just cease to exist......

3. Sanjay Mazumder

Sanjay Mazumder ~..::MASTERMIND::..~

We should not move out of the track and discuss the matter scientifically.

4. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

@jazz-- dont be so optimistic.

5. Sanjay Mazumder

@jaaz, what ever we do here in this life good or bad, we get the reward just over here only. If a person does bad at his early age, he has to suffer at his old age. That's it.

6. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

sanjay..u hit the nail on the fcking head

7. Menon

Menon New Member

I can't believe this thread's gone 4 pages..
    What a shame
    Menon

8. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

the two principal families of religions have complimentary views on this issue.

ths Hindic religions (Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism and Sikhism) believe in the "cyclical" system of life and death, where life after death is hinted at in no uncertain terms.

the Judaic family (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) believe in the "linear" system, where mortals await their fate till Doomsday, whence their lives on earth are judged.

take thou what thou wilt from that !!

i personally like what richard bach has to say.... that there is no death as such. that LIFE IS, and WE ARE.

9. Sanjay Mazumder

@menon, the thread has been started with a scientific motive.

10. nadish

nadish Active Member

@ Jay! Friend I didn't show disrespact for ne1's religions I just answered that I believe in Life After Death and thats the truth. and That all....

11. nadish

nadish Active Member

Ok I'm sick of this topic now coz its begin to go in wrong way now. Bye 2 all of u (Just in this topic :) )

12. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

i wasnt pointing to u. but everyone in general.

13. Sanjay Mazumder

Hey nadish, don't be so emotional. That's allright, and plzz come back. Nobody is pointing U. And I too believe in life after death.

14. Gaurav_Bravo!

Gaurav_Bravo! ..the chOOsen One!

OFCOURSE....MEN!
    its so simple logic if u do bad for anybody..... u will have to bear the same.... nd same for good!.... so wt if u gt born to just a simple family(just an eg.).... nd abhishek bachan got his birth @ BIG B's place??.... there might be some reason na....

what daud ibrahim does we all know.... he ofcourse have to pay for it... but wt can be more then death???? here... he has to pay somewhere.... nd where is it??

.......men its so simple as u do bad same to u.... u kill a animal same to u will.... who knows in next life you could be 'HEN' nd going to be killed for a chicken of some body like ????
    THINK ABOUT IT!.... wil chng ur life!

15. Sanjay Mazumder

@Gaurav, U have a point, dude. Nicely explained. :)

16. smriti

smriti // Silent Observer //

i dont understand why the things here at chit chat lounge has to take a turn from its original issue to hindu-muslim issue........................hey all u ppl please avoid indulging religious issues.

17. Sanjay Mazumder

I never wanted the thread to go like this. I thought that people would be discussing NDE (Near Death Experiance).
    Well, I did never had a NDE. Anyone out here?
    But I've heard people explaining their experiance after being taken a lot of "Bhaang", "Dathura" or "Gaanja" (grass). Many people said that they were entering a big tunnel and met somebody like Yamraj or heard a voice explaining all their Sins............

18. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

dude u asked such a question. what did u expect?
    its a subject which will piss off everyone.. cause each religion is different.

this life after death is a religious thing..
    people who belive in god believe in such things.

and people of different religions have a different take on that.
    and people like me who oppose the concept of religion have a totally different take on it. u die.. and then your body decomposes.. or gets burnt and thats the end of it.this is heaven and hell for me, my life that i am living now, its upto me when i want to be in heaven or hell rt now.. its how i live and lead my life.
    in any case every view point is gonna piss someone else off including mine.

19. Sanjay Mazumder

Very True, Jay. But I did never think that it would go to religions.
    Well, I don't understand why people fight in the name of religions? All the religions lead us to the same goal. That is Humanity.
    Sorry offtopic.

20. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

thats because these ppl grew up listening to their religious stories and mythologies and scriptures. its imprinted deep in thier subconcious. so hallucinatory agents will have such effect, u can be 100% sure that a hindu on grass aint gonna see jesus, and a muslim aint gonna see yamaraj.

in fact there is a latin american church where during prayers all the folks trip out on mushroom, as it helps them to connect to god. and i am not making this up.