Is It Just Me Or ??

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by Chirag, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Chirag

Chirag New Member

I've started learning the guitar since 4 months. my expereince with diff types of guitars make me feel that those guitar which sound great whenleads r played dnt sound gr8 with chords n viceversa.i like 2 play chords . i dont get enough time to practice leads . my guitar sounds gr8 . i want to buy some new strings , expensive ones . what i fear is that if those strings are good for playing leads , will they sound good for the chords . i hope u r getting what i meant to say .

Please help .

2. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

i think d'addrio silver plated ones are good for rhythm...or u can make the same guitar sound good for both...simply change the area where u pick...near the bridge will give u a more sharper note...a more crispier note....near the neck will give u a warmer .mor rounder tone...

3. skaw

skaw snooze

i agree with Doc... i have changed my low "e" 2wice in 8 months .. y bcuz well i used to strum real hard cuz i had electric and i wanted more noise without being plugged in ... well thts how i first broke it .. second it had rust ... cuz of my sweaty hands :eek: (i was learning finger picking !!) .. well buy whtevr u think u shuld.... doesnt really matters .. try buying sumthin tht isnt stupid ... for e.g. dont buy too expensive think they will b gud for both .. do ask the employee to find strong strings... (sorry i dunt noe much abt names n stuff of strings)
    well all i can tell u is ... always strum near the neck .. and if u have electric always plug it in dun b lazy like me :p... and another thing .. if u use electric then increase the tone too 10 and put it on treble and play near the bridge.. hope i helped sorry i duno how to say it .. but i tried (this is too long :eek:)

4. Chirag

Chirag New Member

Thanks . I have an acoustic guitar.

5. skaw

skaw snooze

k ... jus use the steel ones (dont use nylon .. i dun think u ll like em with solos) and when it comes to solos play it near the bridge .. sumwhere arun there.. try , experiment , thts jus abt the best way ! :)

6. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

dude...the strings ypu use matter...and the strings break...now and then..but only if u use to much muscle power....thers nothing such as the strongest strings....strings break..period....u also have fender strings....they are decent they dont rust...they r nickel plated(i think..)..u cud use for gibson britewires....they are good for both....
    since u use an accoustic.the easiest but time taking way to make it sound good for rhythm is ....to put it in sun for like 3-4 hrs on a daily basis...for abt a month or so....that wud slowly but gradually give u an aged ...warmer tone.....
    but cant tell u if its realy good for the wood...but dont think it should do any harm

7. zain

zain New Member

yaaar plz tell me strings for leadssssss

8. skaw

skaw snooze

c doc noez the rite stuff ... gud job doc .. i was hopin sum1 wuld correct me ...

9. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

@ skaw..jst here to help ;)
    @zain
    for leads u might wanna try ernie ball extra slinkies 8s...if ur playing an electric....
    i read somewhere that for accoustics u r better of with higher gauges...a 10 or 11
    but personally i prefer lighter ones....and u dont get em lower than 8 so...gotta live with those..