Is it bt or me ?

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by i'm_not_neo, Oct 19, 2006.

1. i'm_not_neo

i'm_not_neo el valor máximo absoluto

I have a slow speed net connection (64 KBPS) but the thing is it has unlimited data transfer.So I tried using bittorrent.It takes forever just to start the download not to mention the risk that it stops somewhere like 20% complete...
    So my doubts are...

1)Is it due to the slow net connection?

2)Or is it the bittorrent client?I mean should I use azereus/utorrent,etc?

3)Is it because the seeders are less/leechers are more?Coz the files I want are generally rare and I get around 7 S and atmost 9 L. Is that a bad ratio?

4)Should I forget torrents and switch back to P2P?(The only disadvantage being when I want the whole album.)

5)Should I be patient and wait till the download gets comp.?I mean it does get completed right?Or is there a risk that I may not get the complete file even if I wait "forever"?

2. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

1)Is it due to the slow net connection? Part of

2)Or is it the bittorrent client?I mean should I use azereus/utorrent,etc? Dont think so i use bitlord

3)Is it because the seeders are less/leechers are more?Coz the files I want are generally rare and I get around 7 S and atmost 9 L. Is that a bad ratio? Depends on the seeders ie which type of connection they have i think

4)Should I forget torrents and switch back to P2P?(The only disadvantage being when I want the whole album.) Naaaa

5)Should I be patient and wait till the download gets comp.?I mean it does get completed right?Or is there a risk that I may not get the complete file even if I wait "forever

hahahah depends

finally wish u good luck

3. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

4. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

you need patience, you should leave the computer on all the time because seeds and peers can connect at anytime.
    if you have a router (but i doubt it) forward the required ports)
    if you have a rules based firewall just make sure you allow all incoming and outgoing to your torrent client
    64kbps connection means you have a max download rate of 8 KBps, don't expect anything higher.
    utorrent is an excellent client, use it if you're not already doing so. some clients are banned due to some of the hooks they use to get a "higher speed"
    there isn't much chance that you won't get the complete file. more often than not it will be a small .nfo file that you won't need anyway. so go ahead and if you're patient it will get done

5. i'm_not_neo

Well its good to know that patience does have its sweet reward....
    @spy game thnx for answering each doubt...helped a lot

6. i'm_not_neo

utorrent??!!

This time its me...I use utorrent now and I came across the following problems...

1)The "Logger" tab in the interface says "Unable to map UPnP port".

2)When I chose Options-->Speed Guide --->"Test if port is forwarded properly"
    it says "Error!Port 45688 does not appear to be open."
    Does that affect my dls?

I checked their help pages but my router isn't mentioned in the list that they have.
    I also disabled my firewall to see if that was blocking access.

7. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

^^This is happenning coz ur firewall is blocking that port. Add that one to the exception list.....
    Secondly, if u get 7 kbByte ps of dl speed, ur connection is ok coz 64/8 =8......
    The speed depends upon the peers connected. Don't go for torrents which have more leechers than seeders if u can...It takes some time to start..So patience bro. ;)

8. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Don't forget to use Update tracker option if it doesn't start(I mean no peers or seeds are showing for a long time)...
    Also, if a download is stopped at 99.9%, go to that folder and delete the THumb.db file in the folder..It should be ok now ;)