Is is worth buying an Acoustic\Electric Guitar rather than Simply Electric one ?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by mymusicmyguitar, Apr 6, 2007.

1. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

I dont know why i am bent upon buyin an Electric/Acoustic guitar. M ready to shell out 20K for it. I already have a Granada Acoustic Guitar. But i still want to buy an Acoustic\Electric Guitar. Plz lemme know which one is the best in Acoustic\Electric. Wud it be a wise decision to Buy an Acoustic\Electric rather than simply buying Electric one???????? PLzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz lemme know.......

2. yazi

yazi Banned

Why do you guys beg as if we are the immortal life(read: gear) givers?

3. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Since u already have an accoustic, I suggest u play that for the time being, and do more research on gear. Take time to read and learn about guitars/procs/stomps/amps. Play as many different guitars and effects as u can. Then, when u know more about what u need, buy it.

4. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

Hey yazi chill..

@mymusicmyguitar

Dude i wud suggest you to buy a electric as since u already hav an accoustic.
    Besides later on when u plag to tag processors or pedals along with your guitar you wud end up frustrated as an accostic electric wont give enough feedback gain to simulate the processor effects and you will end up with a tone sounding as if the processor is bypassed with just an amp.
    Besides therez a vast difference between the tones of a accoustic elctric and an electric through an amp.

5. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

The choice between a semi-acoustic and a solid electric comes down to the kind of music you play more than its utility. You'll find semi-hollow bodies sound much mellower and softer than solids owing to the resonant chamber. They also typically use low powered pickups that are better suited to jazz and or blues styles. If you are going to play rock or anything heavy, go in for a solid.

Depending on the guitar, I can tell you that the acoustics are not meant to be heard unplugged so if you're thinking you can buy a semi and then take it to a picnic and play for your friends you may find it hard to hear over someone's voice.

That said they are indeed fantastic instruments, I personally love the 335, but don't expect to play seplatura on them. Like I said, be sure of what kind of music you want to play and then decide.

You may also be limited by choice, I haven't seen too many semi-hollows around, good luck hunting

6. mymusicmyguitar

Thanks for a quick response

Well i will wait for a few more months and then wud buy an electric guitar since i really dont need an Electric guitar at the moment so desperately. thank you guys. Ur opinions certainly helped me a lot in changin my decision. I will wait and would definitely buy the best Electric guitar around. Till then i will rock hard on ma acoustic. cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. mymusicmyguitar

That plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz was just so that i cud get a very quick response from u all......Wudnt use it from next time though........Thanks yazi for correcting my mistake........ i know u guys are always there to help.....enjoy everybody......Have a great Weekend.......

8. horned_guitar

horned_guitar New Member

I feel that you should get an electric 1......Its smiply more better than the ****in box guitar..................

Our LIfe is our life ............Dont change the changed path.......

9. Double Click

Double Click New Member

WTF?? :annoyed:

10. yazi

yazi Banned

^^the Drunken Master

11. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Once again, WTF??? I havent boozed for 3 days....

12. yazi

yazi Banned

Not u, the other guy

13. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Oops..... Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

14. umangu

umangu New Member

Man, I think you're talking about Gibson ES-355s and he's talking about those Made in China, plastic backs!

Frankly, those semi-electrics are neither here nor there. Dhobi ka kuttas. Hijaras!

Acoustics can be amplified. And electrics can be hollow-bodied. But semi-electrics, you should stay away from.

15. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

They are available all around sir.................i bought a gb&a Semi elec hollow guitar...................5 k......................recently and am loving it.............i had no trouble finding dem at all..................

u r very right about not being able to play hardrock on it...............lol.............yes i tried it bt it sucked.............ma zoom dint give me da sound quality i liked wid da semi ......... it rocks wid da elec though.....................

16. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Dont, I repeat DONT get an semi electric...Gives UUBER feedback, I cant put even ONE BIT of gain in mine, and volume doesnt go up halfway up (I use Digitech RP300A and Marshall MG10CD, guitar is Givson G150 fitted with a pickup)
    Semis just dont cut it, but you'll get a pretty nice solidbody electric in 20k.
    Edit - You got one already? ...Good luck with it.

17. NirvanaGuitars

NirvanaGuitars New Member

hey i guess you should go in for a complete electric so that you can learn a lot more while usingan acoustic/electric you would get a very similar feel of an acoustic. being in this buisness for a very long tym i believe it is best you go for an electric we are a custon guitar brand and produce large amt of guitars for many custom guita players. i could create a guitar for you as you would require with sum acoustic featurs and qualities of acoustics in electrics i am also in mumbai so if u require any more knowledge or in depth info about waht is best for you you can contact me and ill guide you on how to go about it