is guitar processor cheaper in uk than india?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by killingmachine, Nov 16, 2008.

1. killingmachine

killingmachine New Member

i hav a friend in uk who is going 2 return 2 india next month, but he doesnot know a thing about guitar n stuff so he will probably tell da shopkepper 2 test da processor (thinking of korg3000g).

so shud i take da risk because ther wont be any way i get a replacement if the thing doesnt work properly?

also in nagpur i am getting korg3000g at 13500/-(atleast last month when i asked him da cost)
    n a shop in mumbai said he will sell it for rs.12000/- with 1 yr warranty?

why does furtados quote prices so high?

2. killingmachine

and is korg3000 gud for heavy distortion (pantera,firewind,metallica,etc. ) or does any other pedal (<13k) gives better distortion.

3. vi4u2001

vi4u2001 New Member

the best processor if you think about distortion is Boss series.if it is your first processor i'd suggest you to go for it .

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

You surely dont have any idea about Customs Duty, Freight and Insurance ... don't you?
    Ofcourse its gonna be cheaper abroad.

5. killingmachine

yes it is my first processor.

if something goes wrong within warranty period do i get it replaced from anywhere in india
    or do i ha 2 send the thing 2 uk which i wont b able 2 do?

6. killingmachine

do u mean dat if i get from uk with my friend i dont have 2 give custom and other charges and hence wud be cheaper............i m dumb plz explain

7. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

as long as you bring it into India with the seal broken there wont be any customs.....you need to tell the officials that it's for your personal use and that you aint gonna sell it here....some convincing needed......

8. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

If you buy it from UK, you will have to pay customs & charges (and then it won't be cheaper). Unless, you friend is very smart and manages to convince the customs officials as Sukurt said.

Buy it from India. It's not gonna be much difference anyways. And how do you plan to send it for anything under warranty back to the UK?

Go to Bombay and buy it. Its' not that far.

9. vi4u2001

vi4u2001 New Member

why dont you buy any of seconds stuff It will be cheaper and you will get a highend peocessor with the same budget.as it will be your first processor

10. vi4u2001

vi4u2001 New Member

generally you set your self with and get the best afterwards.we usually do the same