Iron & Wine: Naked as we came

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by bjr, Mar 6, 2012.

1. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Incidentally, I first heard this song on this forum as a cover. It was brilliantly done and this does not even come close. This song has been my Goliath this past week....I was trying to pick it up for practice and couldn't for the first 3 days. Once I managed to pick it, I couldn't play it correctly constantly over two minutes. Once I did, I realized that my tone sucked. I had to improve my thumb as well as make sure my fingers came down on the fretboard vertically. The end result is rather unimpressive but I thought I'd still put it up. I also tried to use noise cancellation and it affected the guitar in places. I'm just glad I"m done with it....maybe someday I'll try this again when I'm a better guitarist and singer. Low octaves are hardly my strength.

So let me know what you think. Feel free to be blunt.

MP3 Player SoundClick

2. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

it was good
    but playing was bad in between
    it sounded like an obstruction was there in ur playin

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

yeah, the obstruction was my sucking at guitar. If you're talking about the second chorus where suddenly the guitar seems to stop, the noise cancellation effect seemed to mute my guitar too...other places, it's probably just me not playing very well.

4. horsesmouth

horsesmouth Active Member

I guess it'd have been much better without noise reduction. Or only partial (maybe 30%) noise reduction, and not spectrum type. Shape type helps reduce most of the noise without affecting guitar.
    The playing was good, erring only at a few places (I suck more so I wouldn't say :D).
    I would have said I liked it if only the quality was better.