Iron Maiden

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by AceRoom, Apr 16, 2007.

1. AceRoom

AceRoom Future Grammy Winner

I have a Zoom 505II processor. I want a Maiden sound on that, preferably Adrian Smith... I mainly wanna know which type of distortion they use that is offered on Zoom pedals.

2. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

Code:
    Comp	Dist	Gain	ZNR/AMP	EQ	Mod	DlyRev	Level
    C9	  Ld	  30	   9	      50	P4	OFF	  17

hope this satisfies:p:

3. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Is that backward/cross platform compatible....;)

Truly I say...'tis a strange time we live in....

That looks like a whole new language altogether

4. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

search fr "zoom 505II patches" on google if ur not satisfied, there are a couple of sites solely dedicated to tht stuff>

5. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Play around with the unit. Don't depend on someone else's settings - they play through a different amp.

6. AceRoom

I have been playing around with it. Anyway, just searched it on google. Found a lot of stuff. Thanks!

7. AceRoom

I also don't understand what the compressor and the limiter do. Can anyone explain it to me?

8. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

A compressor compresses ;).......It takes your highest and lowest frequencies and narrows its range so that your speaker(s) can faithfully reproduce your signal. Your guitar amp doesn't have a tweeter and sub woofer so that single cone has to span 3+ octaves. A compressed signal won't lose volume at the extremes. Also helps increase sustain. Too much though and your tone will suffer.

A limiter is similar only instead of extreme frequencies it works on input level. Helps keep unwanted spikes in check so you don't damage your speakers or worse your eardrums.

Both work by setting a threshold above which clipping/compression occurs

Hope this helps