Iron Maiden in India

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by sandeep_, Dec 7, 2007.

1. ReBoRn

ReBoRn New Member

hmm ..dunno ..this livewire ..is the lasy year of the 5year contract between moodi and pentagram .. ..heck, you dont want to know how much mood i is paying them for this contract ..

2. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

I have been following the Indian Rock scene since i was in first year of BE.So like since 6yrs..in all these years whichever rock show i went,if pentagram came to the stage 70% of the public chants were BC-MC..20% shouting "panty"gram ..and the rest 10% ,well the poor fans of penta or pantygram..point is they never got any support from the crowd..everyone used to call it a time-off to drink some cola and regain some breath before the next act..
    There was one incidence in Mumbai college wehre Vishal got so pissed off with a guy shouting profanities under his nose that he threw his mic on him...the poor guy started bleeding...and then all hell went loose..we all rushed towards the stage to get hold of Vishal and thrash him..but the organisers acted quick to whisk him away backstage..it was one hell of a pandamonium...that year no one called pentagram in any rockshows..and the same year the movie DUS released..and mr.dadlani entered bollywood. never mind pentagram were one of the pioneers in Indian rock, but somewhere down the line,in the name of experimentation, they got lost into a mess called elctronica and never remained the same.Sad.

3. ReBoRn

ReBoRn New Member

i totally support what the mic throwing incident though ..that **** deserved the bleed..

4. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

^^ wht else can be said on you and ur support for throwing mic at a spectator?

5. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

@thehundredthone- no point to indulge in another 'who's best' discussion...its just a difference of perception and taste....and insulting artists is the worst thing one can do being a musician...

pentagram's music is generally disliked by the audience everywhere but throwing the mic was a kind of reflex anyone can feel when the public shouts MCBC ...even if u give ur best shot...just think of urself on the other side of the fence

6. ReBoRn

ReBoRn New Member

Sandeep ..no grudges man ..but you might have a clue how it is to be handle abuses thrown at a individual performing on stage ..in a tight band ..he might have gone through a bad day too ..
    those mc bc things have rather become a joke these days ..even bands jam along with that ..having thrown abuses on individuals ..not everything will be the same ..you are vocals you might not tell him to stfu ..if you're pissed you throw the mic stand ..thats it !

7. ReBoRn

ReBoRn New Member

"there are small prices to pay in the path to legacy"

8. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

Being a metal outfit, if you cant take criticism(on face) in your stride, then you have no right to be there on stage and be called one of the pioneers of Rock in India.You dont show attitude by throwing mic at a spectator.You are there bcause of the crowd.Arrogance and success got in his head tht moment.

After been on the other side of the fence and done that,I think the crowd has every right to come under my nose and shout that he/she isnt liking my music-in any words.

9. ReBoRn

ReBoRn New Member

you are mixing up the band thing and invidividuality ..

10. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

The discussion had already drifted from being of the band to the act of mic throwing..

11. AtoZ

AtoZ New Member

and the thread has drifted too.... What about the selling of passes Mr. Morbid..

12. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

@sandeep: if it happens ..are u still gonna feel happy about it?

13. Hardik

Hardik .:.:.:BoRn TaLenT:.:.:.

Hey guys!

This is what i found.(Check the attachments)

If anyone has some more info, please share...
    I would not be able to make it to Banglore but will surely be there in Mumbai.:rock:

P.S. Does anyone know how and where to get the tickets from?

Attached Files:

14. Hardik

Hardik .:.:.:BoRn TaLenT:.:.:.

Well, I Got the tickets for mumbai!! :rock: