Interesting thoughts/comments/personal stories

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Sonali, Aug 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

@ ananth
    Everything that is said and everything that you hear, you should not take it at its face value. It may not apply to the situation you are in.

To quote from a personal experience... its a tradition in Singapore for all senior scholars from India to hold ragging sessions for their juniors. The tradition is so deep set in history that no one dares to break it, though the new comers might tend to feel rebellious about it. The point is, even if you don't appreciate it, you must accept it. At first I was really against it and tried my best to make myself unavailable for these sessions but then I once thought about exactly what I had done during one particular ragging session. It seemed so funny then that I regretted not showing a more positive attitude so that I could have enjoyed doing it while seeing others doing even worse stuff.

2. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

So Untrue.. All it needs is Love and IGT...

Mars You cant be Human.. Right??

3. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

yeah come on jayanth. .. try not drinkin and enjoyin life for once.. . its worth it mind you. .. life's more than "hanging in trance" as zooom said. .. . Just enjoy life till it lasts yaar

4. jayanth

I drink like one Peg of Rum everyday to clear my Voice before practice.. Come on guys.. YO ureally think i'm that irresponsible.. I do drink weekends.. But i have limit on Quantity..

5. prash_rocks

prash_rocks Over the Hills & Far Away

it's futile to convince an addict to change his habits: he's constantly more aware than u what he does is harmful to his own health. what better reason can u give to pursuade him against the abuse?

6. jayanth

Its not harmful.. Let me make it clear to all of you that. One Peg is also not what i drink.. Its kind of embarassing but I drink Rum or Brandy in that Tonic Measuring cup you get.. It clears the Throat and i can sing..

7. demonstealer666

demonstealer666 New Member

well , my mother also doesnt alowe me to play after midnight , sad isn't it? and my brother hates metal. :( :(

8. jayanth

doesnt it suck.. Cause Midnight is the only time i can think properly..

9. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

Get those big headphones, and practise all you want!

reminds me of this time long ago, when I was voice chatting with this girl late at night. She disconnected suddenly and didn't come back. Next day, I found out that her parents had come to her room and pulled the plug - you see, she had been very careful in putting the headphones on, but the other end was not plugged in the comp, and the sound was still coming from the speakers (she just thought she was hearing it thru the headphones!)

10. jayanth

Wont work.. A live sound is a live sound.. Purely from the Amp.. no Headphones..

Lucky you....

11. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

i was wondering if people knew about the story behind 'lucille' bb kings guitar..
    apparently he was sitting in some pub, and a free for all brawl broke in the pub...and one thing lead to another...and the pub caught fire..everyone came out...and later king remembered that his guit was inside....and he ran in and got it out just b4 the roof caved in...later he came to know that the fight was for a dame calle lucille....and thats why he called his guitar lucille...

12. jayanth

Wow.. thats Interesting..

13. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

kinda makes u not respect those guitarsists who smash their guitars rt? :)

14. Sonali

Sonali ::>> Welcome <<::

wow guys things got heavy there for a sec.
    i know what you mean, i've tried to figure out my life many many times, each time i think abt it.....i end up lost and confused so i've never gotten to the point of putting it in writing. it really sucks leaving everything you've known to go to a forign place......i get really home sick sometimes......and my granpha died and i didn't even get to say bye :'(.......i have a laugh but its the fake kind......i decorate cookies for the future and think abt the cookies of the past but haven't eaten any lately.....i don't really talk abt stuff like this but your post braught it out of me.......i'll try harder to eat my cookies while they are hot.

15. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

Short philosophy of life:
    =================
    eat your cookies while they're hot
    eat your ice cream while its cold
    eat your greens if you like it or not
    but don't eat bread if you see it has mould

16. Sonali

hehehe good one ananth

17. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

thank you :)

18. Sonali

you're always welcome and i'll try to keep that philosophy in mind when tough decisions need to be made...to tell you the truth i don't think i'll be able to improve on the one abt the greens......i just don't like them.

19. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

not eating greens is as unhealthy as eating mould.
    You must mould yourself to a greener lifestyle.

20. Sonali

hehe but i'd rather eat cookies and if essi says they're good for me then i'm sticking with essi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.