Interesting Article on BPO!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Ankur_Scorpio, Oct 24, 2005.

1. shak

shak Harrr!

ummm i maybe late .. and just poking my nose when i not ought to ..
    but i think this call centre thing is total rubbish .. so much talent so many young, educated bright minds .. kept in a small space and made to take calls and listen to foreigners scream and shout isnt very productive at all .. i bet here the executives in leather chairs and black suites must be goin .. why waste our young and bright human resource! go east!
    i think india will regret this in the future .. this youth can be made to do much more better things than taking calls while sitting on their a$$e$

2. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

its ok dude...that is basically the summary of what most are trying to say....short but correct point..

btw the word ass is not censored :p:

3. shak

shak Harrr!

right .... i didnt read the previous posts .. too many of them .. but just wanted to say this ...
    and yeah .ass ass ass ass ass ..muhahahahaha

4. jekyll

jekyll Banned

shahrukh - there is a prob ...

what else productive? india used to be a grossly un-employed ... even now it is ... but atleast it has reduced due to this phenomena ...
    and for that productive thing: are those young people willing to abandon their wanton n easy livestyles? ... no

sad but true ...

5. shak

shak Harrr!

but look at it again! ..
    " mom i am thinking of doin a degree in engg. no wait .. i will do an english course, and get my self a job in a BPO .. "
    this temporary solution does offer jobs, but think in longer terms, your are smillin at some 350,000 or so jobs at the price of wasted youth ... dun let the western companies dictate you, you know what is better ... this isnt something to compromise on! you cannot afford to lose your potential graduates, you cannot afford to lose the rapid development india has seen in recent years ... india was famous for its bright minds, genious computer programmers, excellent doctors and skilled technicians ... dont let this change, dun let them say .. india has some excellent reps, friendly BPO's and very kind PR officers ....
    believe me this is not good ... it needs to be controlled or else .. india will be left behind ..and i dont want that!

6. jekyll

jekyll Banned

oopsss

am working in such a place (western etc) :grin:

have done my engineering :grin:

that makes me a grad :grin:

7. shak

shak Harrr!

seeeee!! instead of making some classy gadgets at some cool company you are doing something else ... what good did your degree do to you?
    this is the attitude which just isnt right ..

8. jekyll

jekyll Banned

ummm

repetition ... sorryy

9. jekyll

jekyll Banned

ummm

yaar i will tell you my history:

i did schooll - took science with compsci ...
    got into engineering colll

did BTech in Chemical Engineering

joined an oil refinery ... worked there for almost 2 years
    then cam over to current company which is into Industrial Automation and Plant Process simulation ...
    :)

the software development center here is an outsourcing ... the parent compnay is SIMSCI-ESSCOR (US)

now tell me ... what is wrong?

10. shak

shak Harrr!

nothin ... dunno but i thought you said you worked in a BPO :S :S :S .. when you said "am working in such a place" ... huh me jumping to conclusion once again ..
    by the way .. u are not as worthless as i thought you were :p .. lol kiddin kiddin ... excellent ... now i can say "my friedn works in a Industrial Automation and Plant Process simulation company thingy" ... *chest out* .. sounds so posh!
    how did ya find the refinery?

11. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

abhey shaane logg(whoeva talked against bpo), do you realize the importance of bpo?
    do you know its use in every day life? ok i dun mind answering those , but do you know what is bpo?

well here is the answer ::
    bpo is bakery products outlet!

so think how different life would be for those against bpo's if you guys / gals/ chakkas couldnt eat bread or buns or phav bhaji or vada pav or cream buns or donuts!
    aur hamare garima din raat kaam karti rahi wahan par sirf hum igtians ko aise products offer karne ke liye!:mad:

12. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

i read an article on call center employees today in MumMirror...it was about a book by the IIM guy who says " Call Center People Have No Self Respect"...and i totally agree...:)...i can't wait for the book release...it's got lot of reports about BPO guys...:)

13. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

The IIM dude was Chetan Bhagat (author of "5 point someone")

Read todays edition of Mumbai Mirror....its pretty interesting...

those u dont get mumbai mirror can read the same article here https://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=2&articleid=1026200506468710252005232549281