Interesting Article on BPO!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Ankur_Scorpio, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

I was reading on one of the threads here in Chit Chat Forum...a debate....on BPOs.....and thought this is an intersting article to match with tht debate...i think it was Garima's thread... :p:

https://hindustantimes.com/news/181_1527814,0008.htm

she could be the best judge of it :eek::

2. jekyll

jekyll Banned

hmmm
    :think:
    interesting ...

3. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

I know...waiting for comments from the pros!

4. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

True to the core!!!
    But if u look at it, its mostly the middle class english speaking category of people that continues to work there even after experiencing the torture. There is no other way that could fetch a non-technical graduated person, some good money, the way this job does and so they stick to it, they try to show its fun, they try to mock happiness. Believe me,.. i have been there for 3 mnths. The job suxxx!!!

I agree to the article,.... dot to dot. Waiting fot Garima to pin down her opininon on this one.

5. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

BPO job absolutely sucks to the core. IT and BPO together are killing creativity from this country.

6. jekyll

jekyll Banned

SORRY DUDE

u are too late ...

the school n college and parents and society are killing the actual creativity ...

the jobs are nothing but natural outcomes ... if not these then somethign else wouldeve come up ... or mebbe unempployment ...

7. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

yup agreed with the parents thing....no-one wants their children to do smthing off the track...

tumhara beta kya karta hai....

mera beta engg hai...MNC mein Senior Sys Engg hai..abhi IIPM se part time management course kar raha hai...tunhara beta kya karta hai

Mera beta koi bakwaas ad -agency mein copyrighter hai..

arey baapre...us-se kaho ads mein koi future nahi hai...abhi bhi samay hai...usko koi computer course karwa do aur IT mein laga do.....

8. jekyll

jekyll Banned

:RollLol:

eggjhacktly!

P.S.: does copyrighter copyrights or copy-writes?
    forgotten :think:
    why the terminology?

9. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

ur views are music to my ears \m/,,
    and totally agree with the article .. BPO jobs are nothing but a self degrading work.. uve to learn foreign accent to make the c.hut firangs feel better .. so ****in slave like .. and worse part is ppl think its a cool job .. HO HO !!

10. bobbit_uncut

bobbit_uncut Banned

Jekyll fellow
    Whatever u said about about creativity has been true since ages, the education system and society has been formed to equalize and stabilize everything, and unfortunately u have to compromise on creativity.

What if these insititutions didnt function like they are functioning presently? We would surely expect many bright, creative ideas - many new unimaginable happeneings, but on the flip side it will also promote haphazardness, there wil be no order, and the condition instead of actually getting better (As u want to see) might actually denigrate and worsen.
    Remember all the checks by society are there just to be prudent and on the safer side.

Wizard, if I give u a job where u are allowed to showcase your creativity, but there are no takers for your "creatiivty" what will you do? how will u survive?
    now suppose I offer u a job where you get adequate money - ofcourse you will start loathing hating etc - but the point is you will stick to it beacuse you know your survivial depends on it.
    Moreover, you may feel that you might be able to take uo something creative without worrying about the survival thing - thanx to your loathsome creativity-killing job.

Nemo - what is self-degrading?
    I guess yuo might call even the sweeper or the "dhobi" or such job also self-degrading.
    Btw what is wrong in Foreign Accent?
    To tell you the truth, We Indians speak wrong English, so If someone copies Americans or British what is wrong???
    English is their Language, and the way they use IS THE CORRECT WAY.

11. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

1st of all...we Indians have a nasty habit of "playing safe".....that is what makes prick like you talk all that crap....no-body wants to take a plunge....the youth is more into the "chalta hai" type of attitude.....nobody wants to do something which they like....they dont want to struggle...no-risk taking....which means no entrepreneurship.....-----------but i have seen it changing these days....hoping for the best

12. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Do you know that GCSE english exams are corrected and marked in chennai?? now dont tell me that the average american uses english "correctly"... but i agree with what you wanted to say but apparently didnt: that is some local (and very important) languages are dying in india... like konkani for example...

13. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

no
    american english is grammatically wrong...
    british english is correct with proper pronounciations.
    american is 99%slang...

14. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

^^ too late mate..:grin:

15. diva

diva Banned

I have a few friends in BPO, none of them ever complain about the work there.

The only thing that they are concerned about is the work timings, and then that too is not such a big concern because most of them will be leaving in a few years time.

Anyway having so many people of your age can make even the most mundane job interesting.

16. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

late by only a few seconds... ;)

17. jekyll

jekyll Banned

Bobbit_uncut ( :RollLol: )
    cool its

u are talking just like an old wizened dude ... u might be partly correct ... i might be entirely wrong ...
    but the fact is ... the kind of thinking and attitude u have shown - does not lead to any kinda progress ...

the civilizations have evolved ... man has eveolved ... otherwise we all wudve been just animals ...

so what u meant as "Aberrant thinking" is exaclty what is required to move forward ... u wanto settle down at some place ... no probs ... but done force others to become like you ...

wake up ... and realise that those antiquated and outdated concepts u talked about have little significance in todays world ...

anyway i expect you to become nothing more than a "samaaj ka thekedar" ...

:phbbt:

go and take a hike ... and please let others do what they really want to do ...

I have nothing against BPO, IT or any other thing ... my only point was ... people (kids especially) dont know anything other than Engineer, Doctor, Lawyer profession ...

that means a person who couldve become a better artist was not able to beacuse he had choose from those three limited options ...
    a person who wanted to wanted to do theatre was not able to beacuse of those limited choices he was offered during his nascent years ...

ultimately ofcourse u can say that a person who has a strong desire to do whatever he wants - will succeed in doing so, but then:
    at what age?
    at waht price?
    when?

it is such a waste ...

18. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!

btw wht did u mean by

19. jekyll

jekyll Banned

old wizened dude means ... a "buzurg" ... "daddu" ...

a person whose hair has now grayed by years of bad experince ... which makes him so conservative and risk-averse

he might be right in certain things and observations ... but not always ...

20. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

yeah ppl do not complain .. they pretty much accept their way of life .. its only when u realize the mass brain+talent drain that u itch to see a change ..

trust me dude.. i wont